• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rosie Roams in 2016 Amish Country/ Sad News

I can't wait to meet you all, we have the usual 2 Dawn & Craig who always come with us !! Craig is quite a character , not a Michael as there is ONLY one of him:rotfl2:Dawn is quiet but is up for any ride and swims like a fish !! This is the first time we have taken them to see Piano Bob !!!I am soo looking forward to meeting your family and for Carol to meet yet another Disser!!:banana:

Oh YES!! Going to be so much fun! Hope to get a document out to y'all very soon with more details!

Oh Yea , maybe Carol Pat , Liesa and I can dance together !!!!

I vote for a Conga Line.

Did you see my invisible reply!!
It was suppose to say the I was MOI!! not Liesa , smarty pants !!!!cheeky monkey:snooty::rotfl2:

My last day at Rivershore , my first agency I worked for , the staff and individuals are throwing me a Pizza Party, and one of them gave me a painting she painted , I will treasure it !! I started here in 2002 so it is 14years of memories from this agency. I am sad but know it was time for me to slow down a little . While I will miss the guys I can always visit , but not having to work long days and every sunday will be awesome. I have 2 days off a week , first time in at least 15years !!

I have been doing quick on and off reads here lately so completely missed this til now. So sorry about the losses.

Sounds like a fun trip. I am staying at POP in September for the first time ever.

Wish I had found this earlier as I could have given you some tips for your Lancaster trip. I go there at least 4 or 5 times a year and am actually headed out there on Monday for breakfast. Strasburg Railroad is a lot of fun. We call it the train to nowhere. It does have some wonderful scenery. I don't know if Kitchen Kettle Village is in your plans but it is worth it just to go to the store with all of the samples. They put out samples of almost everything they sell, including several varieties of Chow Chow. Sometimes you can watch them as they can. No pictures allowed though. Be sure to notice all the fun names of the towns. Intercourse, Blue Ball, Bird in Hand, we have a lot of fun with the names. Miller's Smorgasbord is good but not my favorite. I love the one at Shady Maple and the gift shop there sells a lot of Jim Shore and Lennox Disney pieces. I get one every year for my birthday. I can't wait to hear about the trip.

Sounds like you will be getting some much needed down time! I hope you had a good last day.

Yes Tomorrow is the first sunday of every sunday off !! I am excited !!! Stil will be grocery shopping in the morning BUT I will not have to go to work in the afternoon !!
I have been doing quick on and off reads here lately so completely missed this til now. So sorry about the losses.

Sounds like a fun trip. I am staying at POP in September for the first time ever.

Wish I had found this earlier as I could have given you some tips for your Lancaster trip. I go there at least 4 or 5 times a year and am actually headed out there on Monday for breakfast. Strasburg Railroad is a lot of fun. We call it the train to nowhere. It does have some wonderful scenery. I don't know if Kitchen Kettle Village is in your plans but it is worth it just to go to the store with all of the samples. They put out samples of almost everything they sell, including several varieties of Chow Chow. Sometimes you can watch them as they can. No pictures allowed though. Be sure to notice all the fun names of the towns. Intercourse, Blue Ball, Bird in Hand, we have a lot of fun with the names. Miller's Smorgasbord is good but not my favorite. I love the one at Shady Maple and the gift shop there sells a lot of Jim Shore and Lennox Disney pieces. I get one every year for my birthday. I can't wait to hear about the trip.

Well actually a couple of those places are in our plans .Carol knows the area well as she has family that way !! I am gonna do a quick Lancaster Pre Trip !!

Pennyslvania Dutch Trip with People & Places

We will leave Buffalo around 6:45a with 8 travelers.4 of whom I know but Carol only knows 2!! We have to pick up on the way so we wont actually leave with 8 :goodvibesOn route we will stop a few times , potty breaks for them and me !!:rotfl2:You know that ad for overactive bladder that is moi:rotfl2: We will stop for lunch en route but as I don
but as I don't know which route it will be :confused3 have no idea where we will stop If we are one of those more rural road a opposed to a Thruway I will be on the look out for a quaint diner. When we finally arrive we will be stayingat

Having issues with PB so will continue later

Attachments

• rotfl2[1].gif
    rotfl2[1].gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Pennyslvania Dutch
After checking in and freshening up we plan to head to Millers Smorgosboard, I have my eye on trying CHOW CHOW, SHOOFLY PIE , and brown buttered noodles among many other things . I am not sure I will like the pie BUT I want to try it !!

The next day we will head out into the Amish country.

We are going to Plain & Fancy Farm , plan on a little shopping

Also a Buggy ride is on the agenda

I would be thrilled if we went thru one of these

We plan to eat lunch there. After we have looked all around we will head back to Lancaster near our Hotelfor supper , I am looking at DJ's Diner a 50's style restaurant , Lois Family restaurant that has some Greek food an Station House Tavern for a fairly early supper as weare off to Crooners for a mucical evening starting at 7:30p . I welcome any coments on the restaurants or any better ideas

And so day 1 will end.

Amish Country is intriguing. I"m sure your gang will have a super great time! I can't offer any hints on the places you'll eat at since I've never been, but @glennbo123 might be able to?

Amish Country is intriguing. I"m sure your gang will have a super great time! I can't offer any hints on the places you'll eat at since I've never been, but @glennbo123 might be able to?

I haven't been in years and 1 thing about P &P vacations they jam pack them full of activities . I do remember in one of the Amish areas I have visited , I found a wonderful Terry towl picnic tablecloth it is awesome for out doors as is heavier and doesn't blow away .

Day 2 Lancaster PA

upload_2016-7-5_20-27-2.png

we plan to make our own pretzel .:thumbsup2 I imagine we may sample and buy some.:Pinkbounc Lunch will either be nearby or ....

Then we are off to Hershey Pa

upload_2016-7-5_20-25-29.png

I think we will do the Free tour where you get a free Hershey kiss:cool: or something else equally small, l:cool:eaving you room to buy more!!:wave:
Carol says the Trolley Tour is neat so we will do that.

Our ay will end in Robesonia , where the restaurant has the amazing strawberry pie . I am thinking of just eating that :jumping1:

I think I told you that I went to the Strugis Pretzel house back when I was 12. Julius Sturgis himself taught me how to make (ie. roll and fold) a pretzel. I think he was in his nineties.

Are you going to HersheyPark or the "factory tour" (which isn't a true factory tour anymore)?

You could ride the Strasburg railroad to Paradise and back.

Other than that, you've kind of got the gist -- buggies, baskets, and quilts. And traffic, there'll be traffic!

I think I told you that I went to the Strugis Pretzel house back when I was 12. Julius Sturgis himself taught me how to make (ie. roll and fold) a pretzel. I think he was in his nineties.

Are you going to HersheyPark or the "factory tour" (which isn't a true factory tour anymore)?

You could ride the Strasburg railroad to Paradise and back.

Other than that, you've kind of got the gist -- buggies, baskets, and quilts. And traffic, there'll be traffic!

Yes I think we have the jist!!Carol knows the area fairly well. Sunday is devoted to none Amish things as they are all closed ! We are doing the fake factory tour and then off to Strawberry Fields for evah :rotfl2: Well the strawberry pie restaurant at least!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter