Rose & Crown - Harmonious Fireworks Viewing

gorjus121

DIS Veteran
We're hoping to get reservations for the R&C Fireworks Dining Package in April. In the event it's sold out, I will try for a regular ADR instead. My question is...do regular dinner guests of R&C still have fireworks viewing? Before the FW dining packages existed, they used to have a separate, uncovered patio for dinner guests to watch the fireworks. I wasn't sure if they still have that. Thank you.

We're hoping to get reservations for the R&C Fireworks Dining Package in April. In the event it's sold out, I will try for a regular ADR instead. My question is...do regular dinner guests of R&C still have fireworks viewing? Before the FW dining packages existed, they used to have a separate, uncovered patio for dinner guests to watch the fireworks. I wasn't sure if they still have that. Thank you.

Not a patio or balcony but a small space at end of the path to an outdoor garden area. I posted pictures of it before. You leave the restaurant and walk into the garden next door.

I've watched from the garden area several times and never seen the R&C standing area ever have a CM checking so not sure how protected it is for diners.

It isn't a balcony, it's a small space on the sidewalk next to the restaurant that is connected to public area.

The Package folks have the lower patio unless weather is poor then they move up and take the upper patio. If you are lucky you might get seated on the upper patio, but then could be bumped if the weather isn't good.

The folks standing past the light post are in the restaurant's viewing area. The folks sitting back to where I am are in the public viewing area. There is no barrier between them.

The package folks are normally where those closed umbrellas are and regular guests on the covered patio. Because it was raining the package folks were moved to the covered patio.

This was in November for Harmonious.

View attachment 635536

We sat in a regular outdoor seat at R&C, seated just before Harmonious started, and it was great. We were in the upper level in the section with the roof covering, but we just walked15 feet over on the balcony to the uncovered space and watched from there (it's 15-20 min). It was perfect. Highly recommend.

We sat in a regular outdoor seat at R&C, seated just before Harmonious started, and it was great. We were in the upper level in the section with the roof covering, but we just walked15 feet over on the balcony to the uncovered space and watched from there (it's 15-20 min). It was perfect. Highly recommend.
Can I just ask: did you have a normal Rose & Crown reservation and you were seated on the upper patio? I’m trying to determine where the seats for the Fireworks Dining Package are versus the normal patio seats. We’ve been seated on the upper patio before and loved the view - just curious if the “front row” of the upper patio is reserved for the dining package.

There are three "outdoor" areas at R&C. One is "regular" patio seating during the evening, on the Canada and waterfront sides of the restaurant. One is "Harmonious" seating, on the waterfront and France side of the restaurant. The last one, 6 total tables below the regular patio seating, is extra seating for Harmonious IF the weather is nice and IF they have a server to serve that section.

Towards the Canada side of the restaurant is a garden with tables. People start camping out at the tables before 7pm for the 9pm showing of Harmonious. This used to be the R&C viewing area, but they seem to have given it up.

And here are the two real "secrets" about R&C:
Those "extra seating" tables aren't assigned at 60 days. They're made available each morning AND you need to go to the restaurant to ask if you can book one, because they aren't made available online! You'll pay the Harmonious package price if available. The maximum number of people per table is, I think, only 4 due to the width of the patio there.

There is a walk way that goes down to those "extra seating" tables. The walkway has a rope across it to prevent people from walking close to the area where the "extra seating" starts. If you ask your R&C server, he/she can get you into that walkway past the rope. It's almost as nice as being in the "extra seating", except for the light pole that blocks part of your view at the end of the walkway.

Can I just ask: did you have a normal Rose & Crown reservation and you were seated on the upper patio? I’m trying to determine where the seats for the Fireworks Dining Package are versus the normal patio seats. We’ve been seated on the upper patio before and loved the view - just curious if the “front row” of the upper patio is reserved for the dining package.
So I've now done this in Jan and Feb (2022) and I will say I don't think you need to book a fireworks package. In Jan we were seated outdoors on the upper patio, and walked a few feet over so the overhang wasn't in our way, and had a terrific view of the screens and the fireworks. THEN, in Feb, we were seated inside (I was sort of bummed), BUT 5 min before the show our server walked us to a standing area outside right by the water, and we just watched from there, which was perfect! If you can get a reservation at R&C within 90 min. of Harmonious start time, you'll be in great shape. I think the only real benefit to the fireworks package is that you can stay seated at your table and watch the show. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter