Rosalynn Carter Passes Away, Age 96

Heartbreaking when a wonderful human passes, no longer how long they live. I just said the same thing...I bet Jimmy "waited for her" so she wouldn't have to live without him, and I would expect he will pass soon, too.

Rest in peace 💙
I pray that he's at peace in hospice and isn't aware of things, to spare him that final grief. I know he believes he's on to better places soon.

What a wonderful lady! She came to my town in the early 2000s. She visited our city’s health department to promote immunizations. I took a few pictures of her holding the babies. She was such a gracious lady. She certainly lived a life full of service. I imagine God is saying to her, “Welcome home, good and faithful servant”.

TC :cool1:

I bet Jimmy "waited for her" so she wouldn't have to live without him, and I would expect he will pass soon, too.

Yes, I have a feeling this is the case too. It was reported she had dementia. Don't know how that works, but if she had lucid moments here and there where she was cognizant again and she'd ask about Jimmy, it would have been excruciatingly horrible for her to have to tell her over and over he had died. Or for her to remember each time when she was lucid. He may have hung on all this time to spare her that. :hug: Now, he can peacefully join her.

Very sad. May she rest in peace.

How old is Jimmy now? Wasn't he basically given a death sentence years ago? I thought I remember he had a brain tumor or something but he totally beat the odds.

Very sad. May she rest in peace.

How old is Jimmy now? Wasn't he basically given a death sentence years ago? I thought I remember he had a brain tumor or something but he totally beat the odds.

Jimmy just turned 99 a month or so ago. He's reportedly been in hospice care for most of this year, apparently. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter