• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ropedrop Hagrids with backback

Juventus

DIS Veteran
Depending on arrival, my first time ever entering UO may be this Monday to ropedrop Hagrids during early entry (long time Disney goer / ropedropper family).

We are a family of 5; we will have fanny packs and one small backpack that I researched will fit in the free lockers.

My question is will having to use the lockers let a million guests pass me and then end up with a huge wait because of that? Do a lot of guests use the lockers even when ropedropping? Any tips?

Thanks!

if they will all fit into 1 locker, send everyone to line and 1 person to the lockers.
If you need 2 lockers, then take 2 people to lockers (each person can only get 1 locker) and send everyone else in line.

then join your group in line.

My tip would be to not rope drop Hagrids and ride it at night before park close. That’s when we found the line to be the shortest. We waited 40 minutes one night and 30 minutes the next. I’d ride some of the other rides at rope drop with little to no wait because everyone else will be at Hagrids.

Eek. I’m sorry but I personally don’t agree with splitting up and then passing other guests to catch up with your party.

I don’t think it’s fair to the people who sacrifice not bringing a backpack so that they don’t have to stop at the lockers. Especially if it’s more than one person.

I also don’t like when some people enter the queue ahead of others in their party and then the rest of the party wants to bypass the people on line who got in the queue before them. I feel you wait for the rest of your party before advancing in the queue.

It’s going to be long wait anyway with majority of the people going to Hagrid’s. Putting the stuff in the locker only takes a couple of minutes. Tap your ticket to scanner where there’s a green light. Locker door pops open. Put your stuff in locker. Close the door.

The lockers stations are to left and right of the queue entrance but there will probably be an extended queue for rope that starts before the lockers area. You can send 1 or 2 people in the locker area and have the rest wait out by queue entrance. The locker area isn’t super big especially the Gringotts one so everyone doesn’t need to go.

Eek. I’m sorry but I personally don’t agree with splitting up and then passing other guests to catch up with your party.

I don’t think it’s fair to the people who sacrifice not bringing a backpack so that they don’t have to stop at the lockers. Especially if it’s more than one person.

I also don’t like when some people enter the queue ahead of others in their party and then the rest of the party wants to bypass the people on line who got in the queue before them. I feel you wait for the rest of your party before advancing in the queue.
Agreed.
I don't mind letting children pass me to catch back up with their parents...but thats it.

Depending on arrival, my first time ever entering UO may be this Monday to ropedrop Hagrids during early entry (long time Disney goer / ropedropper family).

We are a family of 5; we will have fanny packs and one small backpack that I researched will fit in the free lockers.

My question is will having to use the lockers let a million guests pass me and then end up with a huge wait because of that? Do a lot of guests use the lockers even when ropedropping? Any tips?

Thanks!
No, not a million. maybe 20 or so. See the other threads about Hagrids and EE to get your timing right.

Reactions: AJA

Just have your bags ready to cram in a locker as you are walking over. It takes 30sec. Scan ticket/room key, cram stuff in, shut locker, join line. If you want to, have a faster party member "power walk" over to the lockers and cram the bags in, then you all join up right before entering the queue.

I despise those people who try to hop in line separately have party members barge through to "rejoin." The lines aren't conducive to cutting through, and it's rude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter