Rope-dropping ToT

Joe Arkansas

Mouseketeer
We are looking at rope-dropping ToT on our upcoming trip (at DHS 7/23). With the ride operating at half-capacity, it looks like the line grows quickly, based on what I'm seeing on MDE. I am curious to learn about anybody else's recent rope-drop experience at ToT, since I know the majority of guests will be heading to SDD. Any suggestions on how early to be at the gates, or what to expect at park opening?

We did the TSL EMM in May, and our strategy was to rope drop TOT. The problem for us was that RNRC was down (and stayed down for a few hours) so the line was 90 minutes long (which was true to our wait) by the time we made it down there, as we exited TSL later than I wanted to. We had FP at another park in the afternoon so we had no choice but to wait, or not ride it at all. I'm not sure how often RNRC is down at RD (like TT at Epcot), but it may also be something to be aware of.

Last edited:
We did the TSL EMM in May, and our strategy was to rope drop TOT. The problem for us was that RNRC was down (and stayed down for a few hours), so the line was 90 minutes long (which was true to our wait) by the time we made it down there as we exited TSL later than I wanted to. We had FP at another park in the afternoon so we had no choice but to wait, or not ride it at all. I'm not sure how often RNRC is down at RD (like TT at Epcot), but it may also be something to be aware of.
That is exactly what our plan is for next month. Hopefully RNRC is up and running!

We rope dropped earlier this month. We were at the park about 30-45 min before park opening. They actually opened the park about 15 min early, and not just TSL. We were on RNRC before the park officially opened! We walked right on. They didn't even make us watch the video. When we got off, ToT had already jumped to almost an hour. We had a FP for later in the date so we headed to TSL since the wait for TSM and Aliens was only 30 min each.

I would arrive at least 30 minutes early (through security). You will be quite a way back in line, but most of the line will be headed to TSL.
Do ToT first as the line builds quickly since only 1 elevator is currently working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter