"Rope dropping" Remy?

leebee

DIS Veteran
Ratatoille is located in France, and I thought that World Showcase opened at 11am. Is it better to wait at the IG if you want to "rope drop" Remy, or the WS entrance at the "front" of Epcot... or are they allowing admission to Remy at "regular" park opening- and if so, is that from FW, in the front of Epcot?

Ever since the reopening after Covid closure, all of Epcot has opened at the same time. So guests who enter through the IG do have an advantage in getting to Remy at rope drop.

We rope dropped it last week from the IG with early entry. It's open and about a 2 minute walk! Be aware that it might go down at park opening. We were very fortunate that we were on the ride when it did go down and were given a LL to come back. My understanding is that if you're only in line, you're not given a LL. Once we were freed from our mouse, which was a longer wait than the ride would have been, we hustled over to Frozen and there was about a 30 minute wait at that point.

We rope dropped from IG waking from Beach club. Early entry was 8am. We arrived at 7:15 and were the first 50 or so there. The line quickly built after that. At 7:40 we were let in through security and tapstiles. There was a huge crowd behind us waiting for security at this point. We were on the ride by 8am. My suggestion is to get to any early entry park at least 45 minutes before early entry opening. Found this out with HS as well.

As said above, all of Epcot opens at park open. You'll find that the shops and restaurants around the world have different opening times (some at park open, some not till 11) but the best way to RD Remy's is through the IG. I got stuck in the line when the ride went down at park open but we were still off it by 8:45.

Ever since the reopening after Covid closure, all of Epcot has opened at the same time. So guests who enter through the IG do have an advantage in getting to Remy at rope drop.

When I entered through the IG for EE in January, we were through with Remy 5 minutes after EE began and able to get over to Soarin and ride it twice before regular opening.

We did Remy through the IG a few weeks ago and it worked perfectly- we were actually OFF the ride before early entry started. The cast did a great job of keeping things moving from when we first queued up at IG until we were done with the ride.

Parts of the France Pavilion have always opened at regular rope drop so people could go to the patisserie for croissants and coffee.

Are you at a big disadvantage if you want to try to rope drop Remy from the front entrance of Epcot? We’re looking at staying at one of the All Stars and the IG entrance wouldn’t be an option from there.

Are you at a big disadvantage if you want to try to rope drop Remy from the front entrance of Epcot? We’re looking at staying at one of the All Stars and the IG entrance wouldn’t be an option from there.

We're also staying at the all-stars. Is it possible to maybe take an Uber to the boardwalk hotel to be able to use the IG entrance?

We're also staying at the all-stars. Is it possible to maybe take an Uber to the boardwalk hotel to be able to use the IG entrance?
I know at Beach Club you will be turned away if you don't have a breakfast ADR so I assume Boardwalk is the same. I've heard of people having success with taking an Uber to Swan/Dolphin and walking to Epcot from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter