• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rope Dropping Frontierland

EpcotNerd

Mouseketeer
For those not participating in the early entry at MK for on-site guests, how has rope dropping Frontierland gone? We've always stood at the entrance of Adventureland and once allowed in booked it over to Frontierland where we waited a the rope for BTMRR or SM and were able to be one of the first on for either. Is this still a successful strategy?

We're staying on property but it doesn't look like the early entry will really give you any type of advantage for Frontierland because it opens at regular park opening. If that's the case, I'm happy to sleep in an extra half hour!

I'm not sure about now, but I used this strategy a couple years ago and it worked out well.

If you are eligible for the early entry, you might go ahead and get in before offsite guests, and use the "rope" spot from the backside instead of through Adventureland.

Seems like Frontierland (and to some extent Adventureland) is always delightfully uncrowded for the first couple of hours the park is open. We often times will ride HM and then go to the other two lands. My favorite part of the day!

*pro tip*... If you've got time to spare and feel like you don't need to rush right over to some other attraction, try riding the Liberty Belle first thing in the morning. Views are crisp and spectacular on bright mornings, and you'll basically have the entire boat to yourself. It's counterintuitive to much of the way many of us plan our days, but so worth it once in a while

I'm not sure about now, but I used this strategy a couple years ago and it worked out well.

If you are eligible for the early entry, you might go ahead and get in before offsite guests, and use the "rope" spot from the backside instead of through Adventureland.

That was what I was originally hoping, that there would be an advantageous spot to RD if you are able to go in for early entry but someone on here said that the closest you can get is the Fantasyland rope at Haunted Mansion which, if memory serves me correctly, is further away from the "general public" rope. So my thoughts turned to "maybe we sleep the extra 30 minutes and join RD with the masses for Frontierland on some days". Are you saying there is another spot from within the park they might let early entry people wait it out? I'm all ears... pardon the pun :)

For those not participating in the early entry at MK for on-site guests, how has rope dropping Frontierland gone? We've always stood at the entrance of Adventureland and once allowed in booked it over to Frontierland where we waited a the rope for BTMRR or SM and were able to be one of the first on for either. Is this still a successful strategy?

We're staying on property but it doesn't look like the early entry will really give you any type of advantage for Frontierland because it opens at regular park opening. If that's the case, I'm happy to sleep in an extra half hour!
We did this in October. Did those and Pirates in less than 1-1/2.

Depend on if you mean general rope drop or resort guest rope drop....

Back in Dec, Frontierland didn't open till normal park hours so for a early entry resort guest it wasn't a rope drop option.

I think this is still a good bet for rope drop. We've even rope dropped seven dwarfs and headed for big thunder and it was a short wait.

I think this is still a good strategy. Those with early entry will be held just past Peter Pan. I am not sure where those coming from Main Street are held, but they try to release both at the same time. Thesre are some advantages in adventure land for each waiting spot, but I think splash and thunder mountain are probably pretty equal from both locations.

Depend on if you mean general rope drop or resort guest rope drop....

Back in Dec, Frontierland didn't open till normal park hours so for a early entry resort guest it wasn't a rope drop option.
Yes, you're right, Frontierland isn't an option for early entry, and from the sound of it on this thread, the early entry guests have zero advantages getting into Frontierland at normal park opening so we can skip EE if Frontierland is our morning goal.

Yes, no need to do EE unless you want to start out somewhere else for a few minutes before going to Frontierland

We tried to hit Big Thunder two different days recently at rope drop and it was down both times. The second time it was down until lunch time, so have a back up plan if it’s down.

Did this last Wednesday. Th other side of the park has early entry at 8:30. Frontier opened at 9am. There were not that many people heading out there. No mad rush to Frontierland. As I walked past country bears I checked the app and it looked like Thunder Mountain was down. As we went to turn the corner we saw people heading back down. Sure enough it was closed. Turned the other way and walked on Pirates. Thunder came back after lunch but had a 75 min wait so I had to use a LL on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter