Rope Drop with new EE

beachteachlv

Mouseketeer
We will be at the parks next month the 23&24th, and with the change to EE, we are debating rope drop strategy.

23 / DCA (no EE here this day)
24 / DLR (no EE here this day)

Our priorities lie with our kiddos, ages 6 and 3 (the 3yo is 41” FWIW). What’s our best rope drop plan? We will have a stroller so the mad dash at rope drop for RSR or PP doesn’t seem like our best shot, nor will we be at rope drop early enough to be right in front.

We go to the parks usually twice a year so this isn’t a “one and done” trip, all that to say we just want to maximize rides for our kids and we will grab LL/ILL as needed both days. We want to aim for more character experiences and other magical moments, along with hitting their favorite rides too.

Would love some suggestions on the best way to start our days 😊

I love this. On January 20, Disney will change its early entry schedule. Rather than it applying to both parks for 30 minutes, they’ll alternate parks and days. What I know is that Sundays (woo hoo!) and Wednesdays Disney hotel guests will be able to enter DCA 30 minutes earlier than other guests. On Thursdays the same will apply to DL. I look forward to Jan 21, my first day in the park after the change. Once again we’ll be able to properly rope-drop Peter Pan :-).

I’ve been sick as a dog ever since I returned to Chicago a week ago. There’s a walk-in clinic nearby. I’ll drop by shortly and see if I can speak with a doc there. I’m not much better, which is unusual for me after a week.

Can you switch your reservation to align with early entry? I probably would, so that even if you don’t do any early entry rides you are better positioned for the rest of the park. At those ages, I would do some fantasy land rides if you do switch days, then head over to toontown right before opening to essentially rope drop toontown. Even if MMRR has a delay, you will be able to do the coaster, park area, maybe catch Mickey etc.

For DCA, just depends on what you like. I would have Mater’s, Soarin or Toy Story Mania be my first ride depending on interest of the kids. Heading to PP might just be the best bet. We have knocked out a dozen rides back there in the first 90 mins before, between the carousel, mania, inside out, jellyfish, zephyr, and Ariel (doing multiples on a few of those). Leaves you feeling accomplished and like you can spend the rest of the day wandering and going wherever the day takes you.

I love this. On January 20, Disney will change its early entry schedule. Rather than it applying to both parks for 30 minutes, they’ll alternate parks and days. What I know is that Sundays (woo hoo!) and Wednesdays Disney hotel guests will be able to enter DCA 30 minutes earlier than other guests. On Thursdays the same will apply to DL. I look forward to Jan 21, my first day in the park after the change. Once again we’ll be able to properly rope-drop Peter Pan :-).

I’ve been sick as a dog ever since I returned to Chicago a week ago. There’s a walk-in clinic nearby. I’ll drop by shortly and see if I can speak with a doc there. I’m not much better, which is unusual for me after a week.
Looking forward to the report of your first (in a long time) proper Peter Pan rope drop. And I hope you feel better soon!

We will be at the parks next month the 23&24th, and with the change to EE, we are debating rope drop strategy.

23 / DCA (no EE here this day)
24 / DLR (no EE here this day)

Our priorities lie with our kiddos, ages 6 and 3 (the 3yo is 41” FWIW). What’s our best rope drop plan? We will have a stroller so the mad dash at rope drop for RSR or PP doesn’t seem like our best shot, nor will we be at rope drop early enough to be right in front.

We go to the parks usually twice a year so this isn’t a “one and done” trip, all that to say we just want to maximize rides for our kids and we will grab LL/ILL as needed both days. We want to aim for more character experiences and other magical moments, along with hitting their favorite rides too.

Would love some suggestions on the best way to start our days 😊
Just to clarify, are you staying onsite or off-site? Either way, if you don't want to be starting in the EE park, I think you'll still do fine as the first few hours are usually the best.

As for rope dropping strategies, Disneyland Daily has some good tips for days for little kids:

https://disneylanddaily.com/how-to-...isneyland_Strategy_for_Little_Kids_with_Genie

https://disneylanddaily.com/how-to-.../#The_DCA_Strategy_for_Little_Kids_with_Genie

I'd start your DL EE day at Fantasyland. You should be able to get a few good rides in, and hopefully Peter Pan :) . For DCA I'd do Carsland first. I love the Little Mermaid ride for little kids but I don't think you need to do that during EE since there's rarely a long line.

As far as characters and magical moments, have you ever done a character meal? Plaza Inn has breakfast and that would be a nice mid morning break after your rope drop.

I always see characters on main St. on my way in, too.

Have a fun trip!

I am SO excited to have a chance at Peter Pan during early entry again. It's always my priority every day I'm in the park.
I hope you're feeling better today.

I am SO excited to have a chance at Peter Pan during early entry again. It's always my priority every day I'm in the park.
I hope you're feeling better today.
Thank you! Yes, much better today. Went to the doctor a few days ago. I have a sinus infection and she prescribed antibiotics, which seem to be helping.

Thanks for the responses!

To clarify - we are not staying on site so we don’t have EE. I viewed it as a perk that our park days were opposite EE, so we didn’t have on site guests to contend with already in lines.

Can you switch your reservation to align with early entry? I probably would, so that even if you don’t do any early entry rides you are better positioned for the rest of the park. At those ages, I would do some fantasy land rides if you do switch days, then head over to toontown right before opening to essentially rope drop toontown. Even if MMRR has a delay, you will be able to do the coaster, park area, maybe catch Mickey etc.

For DCA, just depends on what you like. I would have Mater’s, Soarin or Toy Story Mania be my first ride depending on interest of the kids. Heading to PP might just be the best bet. We have knocked out a dozen rides back there in the first 90 mins before, between the carousel, mania, inside out, jellyfish, zephyr, and Ariel (doing multiples on a few of those). Leaves you feeling accomplished and like you can spend the rest of the day wandering and going wherever the day takes you.
We are staying off site, so no EE for us. We usually finish Pixar Pier super quick! So I was thinking hitting Mater and Luigi first, then to Pixar Pier. We will ILL for RSR later in the day.

Fantasyland at rope drop is different than any other time of the day and not just because of the crowds. If you aren't early enough to make Peter Pan's Flight worthwhile, I'd go to Alice and then Dumbo. Dumbo's line is excruciating once it's crowded IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter