Rope Drop VS. Locker Renting

PennyInPink

Mouseketeer
I'd like to rent a locker at each park. My feet require a shoe change out during the day and I'd rather not carry around a pair of shoes and socks all day. BUT....I want to rope drop. How much time out does it take to secure a locker? I'm an early bird! Would be there much before actual opening but each locker area is inside the gates!

With the caveat that I haven't rented a locker before, I'd do rope drop with a backpack for the first few rides and then go back and get a locker.

Locker rental is super fast, at least in my experience. You won't be wasting too much time. Also, at MK for sure, the lockers are between the tapstiles and where the rope drop will be, so you can get that handled before rope drop. I kind of want to say that AK is like that too, but I'm not as certain.

I've never rented a locker either, but my concern with waiting would be if they fill up by a certain time. I know strollers can be at a premium, not sure if lockers are too. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Are you staying on-site? If so, have you considered taking a mid-day break? Part of the reason we have never rented a locker and carry the minimal amount of stuff in the park is because we will do rope drop, break around 12-1, and then return around 4-5. Maybe 3ish, depending on how we feel. We like that few hours to relax, re-charge, change clothes/shoes, whatever we need to do to enjoy the night. It can be time consuming, but nearly as bad if you're staying on-site.

Locker rental is super fast (credit card kiosk now) and usually available if you don't need one of the "big" ones. I used to do this all the time so we could change as the sun went down without going back to the hotel - also carried extra bottled water, sunscreen, medications, extra socks (one too many unexpected downpours with wet fee for me) etc.. However, that was when you paid once for the day and you could hop parks and retain a locker at no additional fee.

I don't use as much now that they will charge in each park - but I still do on occasion, usually when it is cold in the morning and i don't want to carry the extra layers in the hot afternoon. To me it is a minimal charge to save a trip to the hotel over a small thing.

We don't do mid-day breaks out of park much - usually break by doing a table service lunch or taking in a few longer shows.

Our dinners and shows are our breaks as well. I won't be park hopping, need just the small locker, so that sounds doable. Thanks!

In most of the parks, they let you into the front of the park and wait there instead of the turnstyles. In each park the lockers (I believe) are just inside the gate. Stopping there to get a locker will cost you some places in line. The other option is skip the lockers, keep your stuff with you for the first few rides in a backpack and then drop it off at a locker. I don't have any idea if they are used much. I know i rarely see many people going in or out of the lockers when we go by.

The only time I would think the lockers might fill up early would be Halloween Party nights if people are not planning to go back to their resorts to change but don't want to carry their costumes around all day (either on their person or in a bag).

With the caveat that I haven't rented a locker before, I'd do rope drop with a backpack for the first few rides and then go back and get a locker.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-30_18-16-47.png
    upload_2018-8-30_18-16-47.png
    313.9 KB · Views: 10
Locker rental is super fast, at least in my experience. You won't be wasting too much time. Also, at MK for sure, the lockers are between the tapstiles and where the rope drop will be, so you can get that handled before rope drop. I kind of want to say that AK is like that too, but I'm not as certain.

Seconded. I'm a locker-renter every day at Disney and it's a pretty quick process.

Where is the locker rental located at Animal Kingdom?

After you make it through the gates, over on the left hand side, there is a set of bathrooms and the locker rentals are just past them, if I remember correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter