• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rope Drop vs Closing the Park

We still RD the parks, stay most of the day and then leave early evening to get cleaned up and go to a signature restaurant and have a relaxing evening.

when I went in February, I was able to get slinky 7AM and tower of terror was sold out the rest of hte day. My experience is you can only get either one with genie plus

Hopefully they get both elevators fixed soon so it’ll be easier to get a LL. I read 6 months about 4 months ago.

I think I'll have to do this on our next trip --- with 3 kids we were always rushing in the morning and got there like an hour later than opening all stressed out.

In my experience with Genie+, you get a lot more times towards the end of the day. To really maximize the day, I would get to rope drop and do a few big attractions, leave for a break, and come back around 2 pm when your first big Genie+ times come up.

When we were there for x-mas a while back we did rope drop to close.. Doing the same on our next trip in Feb.. That said there is only the two of us.. When we go to Disney we splurge so we have a TS meal at least once a day as well as other activities.. it cost $$$ but we actually found it relaxing. The next trip is 9 days in Disney, 2-3 days in universal and 2 shopping days ( first and last day)

Hopefully they get both elevators fixed soon so it’ll be easier to get a LL. I read 6 months about 4 months ago.
Renovation..As soon as one shaft is done Disney will start work on the other. I was told not until the end.of the year

That's my plan for our August trip. We don't plan to hit the parks until 4ish and then we'll stay until close (including the extra hours and Halloween party). I'll wake up to book at 7am, then go back to bed and continue stacking throughout the day. We're doing late breakfasts/brunches/lunches and swimming during the day. The biggest challenge, for me anyway, is to make sure I book rides in the order they run out. So I plan to have a set list of rides I'm booking at 7am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, etc. I know it could change and we may not get everything, but at least having an order to start makes me feel better.
I would also like to have a set list of rides like this (and the order to book them) for at each park. We will also be there in August.

We have rope dropped for years. This trip we decided to rope drop and close the parks with the short afternoon break and it worked really well. We had 2 days at Magic Kingdom and was able to ride 7D three times waiting no longer than 25 minutes, missed out one morning because 7D was delayed opening. At Hollywood Studios we rope dropped and walked right on Rise and Smugglers Run. Planned to do Rise again at closing but had to change plans when MMRR went down early evening and it re opened right before closing. Planned to Rope Drop Remy at Epcot through the International Gateway and would have worked great but Remy was down. Was able to Rope Drop and ride FOP at closing at Animal Kingdom, waited 5 minutes at Rope Drop and less than 30 minutes at closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter