Rope drop Remy via IG... Rideshare question

wongck

WDW here we come!!
Objective as per subject line... rope drop remy via IG.
Read some posting about rideshare being not able to drop off at YC/BC due to strict security.
Are the security still as strict as back in Jun/Jul ?

I know swan/dolphin are possible dropoff locations..... Just looking for somewhere with less walking.
( I know... take the boat, but that's >20 mins ride ).

We are staying offsite.

Last edited:
Thanks for the option on Skyliner, I did not think of that. Will explore it.

Guest drop off at Disney Resorts without a valid reason to enter the resort is still being enforced for the sake of guests who are guests at that resort.

Oh no.... Does that means we will also not be able to explore the new resorts like Riviera Resort?

Edit: OK.... never mind. I read another thread that says using Disney Transport will have no such restrictions.

Your best bet is to be dropped off at HS and taking the skyliner. The bigger issue you will face is that early entry guests will be in line 30 minutes before you, essentially making “rope dropping” pointless. This is what will realistically happen. You get dropped off at HS at 7am, thats what time the Skyliner and parking lot opens for an 8am early entry to HS. it will take 25 minutes to get to Epcot. You will arrive to IG no earlier than 7:30. The security line at IG will be pretty long by this point. At 7:50ish, they will start letting guests in the tapstiles. They will hold non-resort guests at the hill to UK. In those 40 minutes, hundreds, if not a couple of thousand resort guests will pass by you on the hill and head towards Remy. By 8:30, the line will be an hour long.

Try booking a mobile order from a YC/BC quick service as soon as they open and show the guard. That worked for us when Uber dropped us off at Contemporary before MK rope drop.

Your best bet is to be dropped off at HS and taking the skyliner. The bigger issue you will face is that early entry guests will be in line 30 minutes before you, essentially making “rope dropping” pointless. This is what will realistically happen. You get dropped off at HS at 7am, thats what time the Skyliner and parking lot opens for an 8am early entry to HS. it will take 25 minutes to get to Epcot. You will arrive to IG no earlier than 7:30. The security line at IG will be pretty long by this point. At 7:50ish, they will start letting guests in the tapstiles. They will hold non-resort guests at the hill to UK. In those 40 minutes, hundreds, if not a couple of thousand resort guests will pass by you on the hill and head towards Remy. By 8:30, the line will be an hour long.

Thanks for the insights. :hyper2:
This prompted me to look at thrill data, and the wait times supports this observation.
Looking back 2 weeks data, it seems a sweet spot around 10 or ~2 hours where the wait drops but pick up by 11 or before that.
May be best to time it around 10ish .... take my time to walk to IG and then breakfast at La Halles... probably a dumb idea wasting precious morning time on breakfast... :oops:

Thanks for the insights. :hyper2:
This prompted me to look at thrill data, and the wait times supports this observation.
Looking back 2 weeks data, it seems a sweet spot around 10 or ~2 hours where the wait drops but pick up by 11 or before that.
May be best to time it around 10ish .... take my time to walk to IG and then breakfast at La Halles... probably a dumb idea wasting precious morning time on breakfast... :oops:
Depends on what’s important to you. I enjoy breakfast at La Halles and spend most of my Epcot time in the World Showcase, so a 10ish breakfast followed by a leisurely walk around the WS might be a good use of time for me. Stays ahead of the crowds as the World Showcase opens at 11 am.

Depends on what’s important to you. I enjoy breakfast at La Halles and spend most of my Epcot time in the World Showcase, so a 10ish breakfast followed by a leisurely walk around the WS might be a good use of time for me. Stays ahead of the crowds as the World Showcase opens at 11 am.

yes that would be nice as well for a good photo opportunity as we do WDW once every couple of years

Another suggestion in the reverse as I did in my most recent visit, I entered Remy right before the park closed and only waited 45 minutes in standby.. Just a suggestion if you are trying to enjoy Remy without Genie+/LL and strictly via standy queue..

Not to highjack the current remy talk from back of park but how stupid of an idea is it to rope drop it from up front? Lol. Been on soarin’ and test track a ton over the years and did both this trip already. I’m thinking if we did we are looking at 60 min wait by the time we get back.

Or so we just sleep in a bit? I’ll get up to do the vc for guardian again.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter