Rope drop question for Magic Kingdom

I personally find rope drop mornings in MK (or other parks if skipping headliners) to be one of the most magical times in the parks. I’m not a morning person at all. But on the rare occasions (and Disney is one of them) I’m up at the buttcrack of dawn, I just love the peace and quiet of the morning. Late closings used to be very special too, but they just don’t really happen that much anymore and certainly not now
I only wish I didnt get up that early. :( I love to do rope drop tho. I will say tho that when I did MVMCP and tried rope drop the next morning, I didnt last very long. LOL

I would imagine on July 11th RD will be crazy with it being so new. By the time August comes around there should be plenty of information on how to handle it. My wife and I have Aug 4th reservations...…..not planning on any kind of rope drop. We'll get there when we get there. IF we get there o_O

Doug :goofy:

For MK I expect they will push the 60min PPO entry to 90 minutes throughout main street and the hub to promote distancing all health and security screening will be done at the TTC for day guests. Im not sure how they will handle resort health screening. Maybe at the individual hotels before you get on the bus. I can see a "soft" rope drop 30-40 minutes before the official opening to further disperse crowds away from main street and the hub. The other parks may filter into the different checkpoints once crowds reach a critical mass. It will be interesting to see how Disney combats the rope drop "herd mentality" People love to crowd in behind where they see other people gathering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter