Rope Drop MFSR?

themeparkfan02

Earning My Ears
So if I'm rope dropping MFSR and trying to get a boarding pass for RotR, what time should I be at the park and where should I be standing to get the boarding group? I know it's a lottery system so I won't have an idea what group i'm in, but I did hear from people that if you don't stand around people than you can get a boarding group faster, so is there a place to stand to attempt to be quick getting a boarding group AND be in good position to rope drop MFSR? Any help or other tips will be greatly appreciated!

If you rope drop MFSM you will be in a sea of humanity. So don't stand around people is a joke as people are everywhere. Its about the bandwidth available. Also some area of the park have better wi fi than others. My son swore it was better in the bathrooms. Figure that.

You need to be in the park before it officially opens for ROR. They typically have started letting people in the park between 30 and 40 minutes before park opening. Once in everyone goes over towards GE entry or Toy Story Land entry. If you want to be up front you will have to be at the turnstile area way earlier than that to get in the front of the line. If you are in the back of the mass crowd I would RP something else after you get a BG.

For getting a boarding group try to not use the in park wi fi. Use phone data. For us it did not matter either way as we were able to get it quick with phones either on data or wi fi. We got 46, 23, 23 and 8 so its a matter of how quick it refreshes when the time hits zero.

I was literally maybe five feet or so from the rope for MFSR (just by the theatre) and I ended up with BG 15. Only tip I can give is do not do Wi-Fi. I'm from Canada but bought a data pass just for that day cause I knew even though data could still be so-so, I knew it would be better than Disney wifi. And it was.

As for time. Be there I'd say at least 45 mins to hour before to get through tapstiles and get to MFSR. If you really want to secure a short wait, might even suggest 1.5 hours before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter