Rope drop HS

uandmfan

Mouseketeer
Hi

We are headed to HS in late January. We have a baby, 2 older kids and 3 adults. I was wondering if my plan sounds possible.

I'll try for a Slinky G+ at 7 am along with a Rise ILL. Then RD MMRR, Aerosmith and then TOT (use rider switch). Does that make sense or am I likely looking at long lines once we're done the first 2?

I'd do TOT before Aerosmith but since we are doing rider switch I thought that may take up too much time (do I understand correctly that the second group of riders has to go immediately?).

Then I will G+ the other attractions with lower wait times. I am finding it harder to plan than with FP!

Anyone have tips to try to do the park in one day? We can go there twice if we need to. I'm just worried we will get bored there twice. We plan on open til close with a F! Dining package.

I have no idea what is possible fand I'm finding HS to be the most tricky to plan for but wanted to suggest Ear Scouts on Youtube. He has given me hope for our HS day and I feel relatively confident after watching his videos on Genie+ and park strategy.

We did your exact plan our last trip. We got an ILL for ROTR, Genie + slinky, and RD the other three and it worked out well. We went to TOT first then RR then MMRR. We were there Christmas Day and two days later and did the same thing twice except we did not do the ILL the second day. We got in line at the end of the night.

When we were there last spring break we did tot, rnr twice, then mmrr. We got to mmrr a little after regular park open and waited maybe a half hour. If we wouldn’t have done the second rnr (which was just a wait in the preshow room so maybe an extra 10 minutes all together), I think we would’ve beaten the regular rope drop and been on mmrr even quicker. We went to sdd after that and waited about an hour.

Hi

We are headed to HS in late January. We have a baby, 2 older kids and 3 adults. I was wondering if my plan sounds possible.

I'll try for a Slinky G+ at 7 am along with a Rise ILL. Then RD MMRR, Aerosmith and then TOT (use rider switch). Does that make sense or am I likely looking at long lines once we're done the first 2?

I'd do TOT before Aerosmith but since we are doing rider switch I thought that may take up too much time (do I understand correctly that the second group of riders has to go immediately?).

Then I will G+ the other attractions with lower wait times. I am finding it harder to plan than with FP!

Anyone have tips to try to do the park in one day? We can go there twice if we need to. I'm just worried we will get bored there twice. We plan on open til close with a F! Dining package.
If possible for Slinky and Rise ILL, get one of the other adults to wake up early with you and help. You book one and the other adult helps with the other. This will help get better time slots for both. It wasn't uncommon for me or my DH to have weird glitches exactly at 7 am and have something go wrong for a few precious seconds. If you were to do them back to back, that takes even more time.

Back when we went, ToT was still only using one of the two sides, so the line was nuts and we did that pretty early in the morning, then hopped directly over to Aero after (it was almost walk on). We had two HS days, so I changed some things up, but if only had one, I would probably have roped TOT, then hop immediately over to RR because it should still be short. Then if you are lucky, you might get to MMRR while it still has a wait under an hour. If not, then MF and MMRR for Genie+ when you can.

We will be using rider switch at TOT, which is why I was going to MMRR, Aero and then TOT. But now I'm wondering if we should do TOT, Aero and MMRR? Does the rider switch have to happen immediately?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter