Rope Drop from International Gateway at Epcot

MJ6987

DIS Veteran
Hi
We are staying at the Boardwalk in December so, for the first time, we will be entering Epcot though the back way. How does ropedrop work in this case?

Do they open it at the same time (e.g. When they let people in the main entrance a bit early)? Do they let you come in so far first?

What I am really trying to ascertain is will we be at a disadvantage (or advantage) in getting to Soarin!?

Hi
We are staying at the Boardwalk in December so, for the first time, we will be entering Epcot though the back way. How does ropedrop work in this case?

1. Do they open it at the same time (e.g. When they let people in the main entrance a bit early)?
2. Do they let you come in so far first?

3. What I am really trying to ascertain is will we be at a disadvantage (or advantage) in getting to Soarin!?

1. & 2. Generally, yes.
3. Likely not enough of a "disadvantage" to worry about, especially since Soarin'
has opened the third theater (which has been lowering wait-times substantially.)

I've entered Epcot countless times at International Gateway. You will be just fine entering there, maybe even better than the front entrance. There is no advantage to going to the front gates.

In November 2015 we entered at the International Gateway before and were able to get to the entrance of Future World and waited for the rope drop.

In November 2015 we entered at the International Gateway before and were able to get to the entrance of Future World and waited for the rope drop.
Yes - we always enter through the International Gateway and this is what happens. Sometimes the stopping point is right before the bridge in front of the UK.

Thanks all, sounds like we'll be fine then! Looking forward to the new Soarin' film.

I can't wait for the new film also! We are going December 14-20, staying at POR. Oftentimes, we hop from DHS to the International Gateway Entrance, and work our way around Epcot. I really like the idea of having a front and back entrance to a park, and wish they would do something similar at others, especially AK, which seems a bit more than a country mile wide!

We were there Oct 12 - Oct 20, going to RD at the IG at least 3 times. Each time we were let in between 10 to 15 minutes early, one time we entered the Soarin' line before 9 am.

Bill From PA

We did and early Cape May ADR (awesome BTW) this past June, and did Rope Drop at the International Gateway. Such a smaller crowd, and so much easier.
Kind of cool going through GB and Canada with very few people around! Wish those pavillions were open at 9 too...

We zoomed around the lake and got into the new Frozen things with very little wait for FEA or the M&G. Awesome!

I've got a 8:30 breakfast ressie in the world showcase. Do they let you in early at the International Gateway for "special events" or do I have to go to the main entrance for that?

I've got a 8:30 breakfast ressie in the world showcase. Do they let you in early at the International Gateway for "special events" or do I have to go to the main entrance for that?
International Gateway works just as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter