Rope drop DHS from BCV

kassonvike

Mouseketeer
What is best way to get to DHS from BCV for early entry? Assume I'd like to be there about 30 minutes before early entry (so I think that means 7:30 for 8:00 early entry).

Seems like boat would be the easiest but not sure they start on time and what there reliabiltiy is. Walking could guarantee we get there in time but not a short walk for the younger and older folks in our group. Skyliner would be cool but I assume this is fairly ineficient especially with the switch at caribbean.

One other options is for one or two of us to walk and get a spot in line and let the rest of the party come by boat. If they are a little late they can catch up with us in the park. (Saves the younger and older members of our party a long walk to start the day)

IMO, walking is the best option. If walking is an issue then the Skyliner is super easy and efficient. The transfer is not an issue at all. Again just my opinion.

We're definitely in the walking-is-best group for BCV - HS. That being said, it's almost exactly 1 mile from BC lobby to the DHS entrance - not a trivial start to a long day of walking for some folks. But having made that walk many mornings, I do believe the Skyliner or boat will be running early enough for you to hop on and be at the front entrance in time for the early entry.

IMO, walking is the best option. If walking is an issue then the Skyliner is super easy and efficient. The transfer is not an issue at all. Again just my opinion.
With the different hours between HS and EP, is the EP leg of the Skyliner even open in time to get to HS 30 minutes ahead of time? I know it didn't use to open at the same time.

Early in the trip - walk. Too tired - boat.

Haven’t tried Skyliner for Early Entry, I’d worry it wasn’t operating early enough at the EP station.

Haven’t tried Skyliner for Early Entry, I’d worry it wasn’t operating early enough at the EP station.
That's an excellent point. When I walk or run the path to HS in the mornings, I see the boats running and the Skyliner coming into HS - I can't see/confirm that the EP-CB leg of the Skyliner is running by 7/7:30. It might not start until later....

Epcot station has to run early because of Riviera. So the issue is more the CBR transfer, which can get lengthy.

As many posts as I see by those not interested in riding the boat, I'd try that.

We actually ride the boat for enjoyment (and a pleasant cool down). Great scenery and a relaxing way to travel.

That's an excellent point. When I walk or run the path to HS in the mornings, I see the boats running and the Skyliner coming into HS - I can't see/confirm that the EP-CB leg of the Skyliner is running by 7/7:30. It might not start until later....

We were surprised when Beach Club DVC dues didn’t share some of the skylliner cost. Led me to think this scenario could be one of the reasons. If they aren’t chipping in, hard to complain if not open for HS early entry. Riviera does list skyliner in the transportation section of dues and is open for HS EE.

Epcot station has to run early because of Riviera. So the issue is more the CBR transfer, which can get lengthy.

But isn’t EPcot staggered with a later opening than HS?

I haven’t followed recently but remember RIV guests saying the line to HS opened earlier than EP line.

Maybe someone with recent experience can help. Anyone board at the Epcot station early enough for HS Early Entry opening?

When we went in Sept the skyliner was not running to HS in time for EE rope drop. They were turning people away when we were waiting for EE rope drop at Epcot. We planned to walk to HS, but there was a boat waiting at the dock when we walked by, so we just took the boat. We were second in line for RnRC. I would take the boat if it’s there, but like you said having some walk and some boat is a great backup plan.

We were surprised when Beach Club DVC dues didn’t share some of the skylliner cost. Led me to think this scenario could be one of the reasons. If they aren’t chipping in, hard to complain if not open for HS early entry. Riviera does list skyliner in the transportation section of dues and is open for HS EE.
Not sure I understand the comment. Guests at BCV, BC, YC, BW, S, D would all have access to Skyliner at the IG entrance. I think it's more that EP opens later, so that line between CB hub and IG possibly starts later.

They can send people from RIV -> CBR but not allow people from EP -> RIV, RIV -> EP, and CBR -> RIV early. Since the RIV station boards from 2 sides they can (and do) keep the EP side closed longer than the CBR (HS) side.

But isn’t EPcot staggered with a later opening than HS?

I haven’t followed recently but remember RIV guests saying the line to HS opened earlier than EP line.
You’re misunderstanding me I think, or I’m not being clear. Riviera guests need to get to DHS for Rope Drop. The only transport offered to them (most days) to DHS is the Skyliner. Therefore the Skyliner has to open 30 minutes before DHS EE (in practice it’s usually running about 40 minutes early). And Riviera is ON the Epcot line, therefore the entire Epcot line starts running about 30-40 minutes before DHS EE.

You’re misunderstanding me I think, or I’m not being clear. Riviera guests need to get to DHS for Rope Drop. The only transport offered to them (most days) to DHS is the Skyliner. Therefore the Skyliner has to open 30 minutes before DHS EE (in practice it’s usually running about 40 minutes early). And Riviera is ON the Epcot line, therefore the entire Epcot line starts running about 30-40 minutes before DHS EE.
I don't believe the person you are responding to is not understanding. They can run the skyliner from EP -> RIV without actually letting people on. I know this 100% used to be the case, but haven't had recent experience so can't say it's how it is done now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter