• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rope drop at FOP and rider switch

chimoe

Mouseketeer
Hello all. Quick question. We are planning on rope drop at AK. We have 3 adults, 2 kids. Both of the kids are toddlers.

How does rider switch work? We plan on having 2 adults ride 1st, than 1 adult from 1st group and 1 adult from 2nd group ride 2nd. How will this work during RD

AK opens at 9. We plan on getting there at 8.15 latest.

Yes, it should get added to your band and you and 2nd adult should ride. That's my understanding from all my research!

We recently rope dropped FOP with rider switch. We arrived at 7:30 for 9:00 opening so that we were at the front of the rope drop crowd. Keep your stroller with you and stay with the crowd all the way to the entrance of the FOP. Once there, just ask the cast member for rider switch. They will simply ask who is riding in the second group and scan what is basically a FP onto those bands.

For us, the first group rode around ~8:40, the second group rode ~9:05, and we were all headed to Dinoland by 9:30. I was in the second group, and I was able to ride Navi on standby twice with my youngest child while the first group rode.

Planning on doing the same thing but trying to figure out the best method with a toddler. Is it ok to bring a stroller or should I consider leaving stroller in car and take a carrier then go back. Is there stroller parking near by? Also, wondering if I could take toddler through the standby queue but have them exit at the end before the ride

Planning on doing the same thing but trying to figure out the best method with a toddler. Is it ok to bring a stroller or should I consider leaving stroller in car and take a carrier then go back. Is there stroller parking near by? Also, wondering if I could take toddler through the standby queue but have them exit at the end before the ride

I would definitely bring the stroller. Stroller parking isn't very far away from most rides. With how crowded at will be at rice drop, I wouldn't want a toddler walking and it would be a long walk carrying a toddler. Plus, you'd then have a toddler without a stroller while taking turns waiting for everyone to ride. Getting two groups through FOP is likely to take 30 mins at a minimum to over an hour depending on how busy it is. You'd then also have to walk all the way out of the park to the car and go back through security again with the stroller. Just take it with you.

The toddler cannot go through the standby line if they are not tall enough to ride. No one can enter a queue unless they meet the height requirement. I'm not understanding why you would want to bring the toddler through the queue rather than having them wait outside it with another member of the party.

Was just curious, for the parent swap, does the pass get added right at the entrance or do you need to scan later down in the queue?

Was just curious, for the parent swap, does the pass get added right at the entrance or do you need to scan later down in the queue?

The rider swap is added to the band outside of the line. The CM who will do it will be standing at the entrance for the queue and will add the rider swap to the appropriate bands before anyone enters the line. Then after Group 1 has returned, you enter the FP queue, where you scan your band and the rider swap acts as a FP. Some FP queues have a second spot further along where you might scan your band again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter