Rooms for 5

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
We're in the early stages of planning a trip out West next summer. We were thinking about spending two nights at DL and staying in one of the Disney resorts - possibly DL Hotel. Anyone know if they have rooms for 2 adults and 3 kids? I know which resorts at WDW accommodate 5, but can't seem to find any information about that at DL.

TIA

We are going to Disneyland August 14th, and staying at DLH. We have 2 adults and 3 children in a standard/view room with 2 queens and a daybed. I have stayed there before and it is great.

We stayed at the GCH, in a bunk bed room. It had a queen and a bunk bed with 2 beds plus a trundle bed. So it would sleep 5, depending on the age and size of the kids.

The only hotel I know that only holds 4 people is the nearby Candy Cane Inn. All others accommodate 5 people.

Note that at the Grand Californian, if the rooms w/2 queens and daybed and queen & bunkbeds are sold out, they will offer the 5th person a sleeping pad and sleeping bag - there are no cots/rollaways.

lworts said:
We are going to Disneyland August 14th, and staying at DLH. We have 2 adults and 3 children in a standard/view room with 2 queens and a daybed. I have stayed there before and it is great.

We will be staying at the DLH with our three kids too... the week after you. :)

The Disneyland Hotel is a great location for a family of 5. The rooms are very oversized and you either get the daybed or you can request a rollaway for free. I was told once when I was requesting a rollaway (we only have 2 kids but they are too old to sleep together) that I didn't need to request one since they have so many they can't run out. When we have a room that doesn't have a daybed there is enough room to slightly move one of the chairs and leave the rollaway up the whole time. We have stayed at the DLH 5 times and it remains one of our favorites. I haven't been lucky enough to stay at the Grand Californian yet (someday hopefully) but I have heard their rooms are not quite as large as the DLH but the location is wonderful. Enjoy your planning!

Thanks for the information. For a room with 2 queens and a day bed - should you request that in advance - or just something you ask for at check-in?

We are heading down in September with our family of 5. We elected to stay in the Embassy Suites South. We really wanted the Park Inn due to its close proximity but it was full by the time we got our butts in gear to book it. I can let you know how it was later. It looks fine and gets pretty good reviews on Tripadvisor. I hope the shuttle isn't a hassle. I also hope I can fill the brood up on breakfast to coast for a few hours in the park!

Mary Jo said:
The only hotel I know that only holds 4 people is the nearby Candy Cane Inn. All others accommodate 5 people.

Note that at the Grand Californian, if the rooms w/2 queens and daybed and queen & bunkbeds are sold out, they will offer the 5th person a sleeping pad and sleeping bag - there are no cots/rollaways.

Is there a certain location for the rooms with 2 queens and a daybed? I would love to have one of these, even though we only have 4 people, my two teens won't sleep together. Is it possible to request this type of room?

damo said:
Is there a certain location for the rooms with 2 queens and a daybed? I would love to have one of these, even though we only have 4 people, my two teens won't sleep together. Is it possible to request this type of room?

For the Grand Californian I know that they have this layout for the standard views. They may have them for the Downtown Disney & Theme Park views, but I am not sure. For Disneyland Hotel, I'm sure they have this layout for both standard & resort/pool view, and for the Paradise Pier Hotel they have this layout for both standard & themepark view room.

It seems that when I have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel I have gotten a daybed room when I have been in the Sierra Tower and always had to get a rollaway when we have been in the Bonita Tower. I believe you will stand a better chance if you request a daybed room a day or two before you check in. That said, I am not sure a teen would be too comfortable on a daybed. They are pretty short whereas the rollaway is probably the same length as a twin bed. Also, one's feet could hang off the rollaway but the daybeds are really a couch that I think has wooden arms. If you were to get a daybed that didn't fit your teen you could request a rollaway, they are free at the DLH. My daughter always get the rollaway/daybed and thinks the rollaways are actually more comfortable.

Candy Cane Inn rooms will hold 5 people but you have to book the room directly through the hotel not Disney. Candy Cane Inn charges a flat price for the room and is concerned if it is 4 or 5 people only so that they can determine the amount of food needed for the breakfast they provide. We've stayed there many times as a family of 5 (deluxe room offers a little more breathing space than the standard room). Yes, one of my sons sleeps on the sofa, but they do have cots available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter