Rooms at OKW

jksky4

Mouseketeer
I don't remember where it was but at some point I came across rooms and their ratings at OKW. I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

I'm sure there's an easier way to do this but I go to the DIS home page and click on DCV and scroll down to room reports.
Hope this is what you were looking for.

the room rating goes away pretty quick like in 3 months.

besides lots of people rate the rooms on maintence issues - which by the next person will be fixed - especially at OKW.

to get a room you will like depend upon you.

the views are woods, water or golf.

you can ask to near the bus stop, pools or HH.

near the HH is where most people request. It is easy access to the main pool, restuarant, community hall, gym, one of the tennis court,basketball half court, boats/bikes rentals, the boat to DD, plus some of other stuff I don't remember.

I don't like to be near HH. It is too crowded and the traffic is the worst in this participate section. (it is also close to the entry and exit for OKW).

I love the water views at OKW. Especially in building 18 and 55.

I keep room reports on rooms at OKW. However, I'm so computer-illiterate, I haven't been very successful in Emailing the info. PM me your Email address, though, and we'll give it a try!

I'm at OKW right now in building 45. Great water view. It's of the canal running to DD. We enjoy seeing the boats going back and forth. But boy the water mice/racer boats are VERY slow here ! DH and ds rented them and my dh told the CM at Hanks that ducks were out-swimming him ! He laughed and did say they were much faster at Contemp and WL. Hmmmmm....maybe this is in keeping with the "retirement community" reputation OKW seems to have ? ;) ;) ;)
OTOH, seeing LOTS of young kids. My ds made friends with some other teen boys who were skateboarding around the resort and lots of kids in the main pool. The slide is really fun but giving lifeguards a headache I'm sure. Lots of people (kids and adults) going down head-first.
Anyway......building 45 and 46 have nice canal views. I did request simply N/S and "water view" and have gotten just that each time we stay at OKW. We leave tommorrow.......(sniff) :sad: Busses running very well. Never have had more than a 10-15 min wait so far all week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter