Room upgrades

CPME

Earning My Ears
When we booked our future cruise we selected a stateroom as it was too early to pick GTY. Our booking has said that stateroom number from
Day 1. However I’m wondering if this ever changes? Is it just people with GTY that can have a better category of stateroom given? What about pixie dust? Basically I’m wondering if this stateroom has any chance of changes or will this be it now. Thank you!

It's possible you could get upgraded, but I wouldn't count on it or expect it to happen.

It is my understanding that pixie dust is rare, but you may be able to check in the terminal to see if there are any upgrades available (for a cost, albeit a lower cost than what you would have paid in advance).

Any stateroom can be changed by DCL. It is unlikely you'll be moved, but possible. Even GTY sailings are rarely upgraded, even though it may seem like a lot report one.

I recently booked a GTY Verandah room. The cruise was less than 3 weeks away when I booked. 2 days after I booked I was assigned 7650. It’s a Deluxe Family Verandah, so I’m happy. Could have been regular Verandah or even Navigator Verandah.

edit: oops, none of this was relevant to your question. I’m sorry. I’ll leave it just in case someone else can benefit from the info.

Thanks for the info! No I booked the room because it’s one we really love and I’m hoping it’ll stay as it is. Thanks!

Thanks for the info! No I booked the room because it’s one we really love and I’m hoping it’ll stay as it is. Thanks!
Ooooh sorry, I misunderstood -- if you selected a stateroom I think it would be rare for them to move you.

If you selected the cabin number, odds are high that if you ARE moved it is for operational reasons - meaning something is not working correctly in the cabin, so you wouldn't want it anyway.

If you selected the cabin number, odds are high that if you ARE moved it is for operational reasons - meaning something is not working correctly in the cabin, so you wouldn't want it anyway.
This! We wanted (and booked) the same cabin on both of our Wonder trips. When we arrived at our room on our second cruise, the entire bathroom was gutted. But, our castaway bag was on the dresser, LOL! We promptly went to guest services and they told us we should've been informed at port that we had been moved. We were moved up a minor category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter