Room Service at Aulani?

February 2023 and checking in, did room service ever return to Aulani for any recent visitors?

Specifically seeking the Japanese Breakfast, not joking when I say that might be (part of) the reason for this trip!

We just got back from nine days, no room service yet. We did not rent a car, and left the resort only on foot. Also didn’t cross the street, just went to four seasons twice (Mina’s and La Hiki). Monkey pod is not our thing, don’t @ me. We are all different.

DoorDash and other food delivery services are great options (saw a lot of people using them - we did not) but Aulani has expanded the menu at off the hook and there are very good options in my opinion. (The menu changed this this week). The salmon was great, the strip steak and fingerling potatoes very good as well. We did use off the hook mobile ordering a couple times, walked right downstairs, picked it up seamlessly, brought it back to our room. Still hot and delicious at our dining room table.

Additionally, many many sushi/sashimi options at Olelo room.

We all want different things from vacation, for my nine incredible days at Aulani, the food options within a stone’s throw were more than sufficient. And sadly, my scale this morning tells me I ate well.

We just got back from nine days, no room service yet. We did not rent a car, and left the resort only on foot. Also didn’t cross the street, just went to four seasons twice (Mina’s and La Hiki). Monkey pod is not our thing, don’t @ me. We are all different.

DoorDash and other food delivery services are great options (saw a lot of people using them - we did not) but Aulani has expanded the menu at off the hook and there are very good options in my opinion. (The menu changed this this week). The salmon was great, the strip steak and fingerling potatoes very good as well. We did use off the hook mobile ordering a couple times, walked right downstairs, picked it up seamlessly, brought it back to our room. Still hot and delicious at our dining room table.

We all want different things from vacation, for my nine incredible days at Aulani, the food options within a stone’s throw were more than sufficient. And sadly, my scale this morning tells me I ate well.
What’s up with Monkey Pod? Is it just a bar and grill type place?

Thanks for the updated report. We can live without room service but at the prices Disney charges it’s pretty shocking they haven’t brought it back. I guess they’ve realized enough of us will pre-order on mobile app and pick it up ourselves. Frankly, we probably would do it even if there was a room service option most of the time.

Very nice, glad you had a good trip. I'm with you on Monkey Pod... I don't get very excited about it (we skipped it entirely on our last trip to Maui, because options).

This is a very random and specific question -- did they happen to have a broiled salmon on the menu at Off the Hook? Can't seem to find a menu online available to me.

Thanks in advance, and welcome back.

February 2023 and checking in, did room service ever return to Aulani for any recent visitors?

Specifically seeking the Japanese Breakfast, not joking when I say that might be (part of) the reason for this trip!
Nope as of 2 weeks ago

The Monkey Pod is mediocre food at a decent (for Hawaii) price that is very close by. I'm not sure why people rave about it so much. It is fun and super convenient, but it is not like anyone else from outside Ko Olina is trying to eat there. It is worth going, but nothing special. If food is an issue, it is a much better deal to rent a car and travel for good food. It is not far away and does not take much time.

The Monkey Pod is mediocre food at a decent (for Hawaii) price that is very close by. I'm not sure why people rave about it so much. It is fun and super convenient, but it is not like anyone else from outside Ko Olina is trying to eat there. It is worth going, but nothing special. If food is an issue, it is a much better deal to rent a car and travel for good food. It is not far away and does not take much time.
I agree. We rather get some food at the Island Country Market than eat at Monkeypods. But we get a car for our stay and it is so easy to go get food somewhere in Kapolei that is much better than Monkeypods. I don't think that they would still be in business if they didn't have a captive audience.

I agree. We rather get some food at the Island Country Market than eat at Monkeypods. But we get a car for our stay and it is so easy to go get food somewhere in Kapolei that is much better than Monkeypods. I don't think that they would still be in business if they didn't have a captive audience.
I saw some pics of the food from Island Country Market. Looks pretty good. I think that will be our balcony picnic dinner after our 10 hour flight to Honolulu. I won’t be in any condition to go out to dinner that night!

Room service would be a better idea idea, but oh well.

I saw some pics of the food from Island Country Market. Looks pretty good. I think that will be our balcony picnic dinner after our 10 hour flight to Honolulu. I won’t be in any condition to go out to dinner that night!

Room service would be a better idea idea, but oh well.
I always get food from Island Country Market on Day 1 after a long flight. I will get food from there another night as well.

Thanks for the updated report. We can live without room service but at the prices Disney charges it’s pretty shocking they haven’t brought it back. I guess they’ve realized enough of us will pre-order on mobile app and pick it up ourselves. Frankly, we probably would do it even if there was a room service option most of the time.

just to reiterate the point, it’s a disgrace that a luxury resort does not offer room service in 2023

I highly recommend everyone get a car for your stay. There are no other good options for exploring the Island without one. Kapolei is very close and easy to drive over to get decent food. Or, you can even have something delivered if you want. Plenty of good food within a 10-15 minute drive.
Do you have any suggestions for kid friendly places?

It’s modern local food - Polynesian / Asian influenced, with local ingredients.

I really enjoyed it when we went - I grew up in Honolulu, and specifically ordered dishes which were their version of common local dishes. My wife wasn’t impressed - she thought it was expensive, and not significantly better than other restaurants at lower prices.

Broke Da Mouth Grindz is about 5 minutes down the road, and we both agreed the food was great - and it was much less, so my wife probably has a point!

Am planning a trip and hoping to book a grand villa for the last day or two of our stay and wanted to take advantage of the family dining area in room.... so I was also hoping room service would be back. I want to make it special - we will be celebrating a family reunion and a new marriage........ possible first grand baby?!
I guess i will be researching some more. We will have a car so there's that. But that means I'll have to get out of the pool, dry off, get dressed and go get it ha ha

Unfortunately, this penny-pinching move looks never to be rolled back. Aulani will remain the only “luxury” resort in the world without room service.

Unfortunately, this penny-pinching move looks never to be rolled back. Aulani will remain the only “luxury” resort in the world without room service.
Aulani is a vacation club. I've stayed in many of the Marriott VC and I don't recall any of them having room service. The Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas doesn't have room service either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter