Room Resort Booked Through Disney

Junebugwv

DIS Veteran
I haven't booked a room through Disney for a few years (usually point rentals) and today I did. It says "Disney Resort Hotel Package Basic Plan" on the reservation with a 30-day cancellation. I said twice that I want to book room-only. Has the whole process changed?

Did you do it online or over the phone? What was the amount of the deposit that you made? If it was $200, you booked a package. If it was equal to the first night's rate plus tax, it's a room only reservation.

I haven't booked a room through Disney for a few years (usually point rentals) and today I did. It says "Disney Resort Hotel Package Basic Plan" on the reservation with a 30-day cancellation. I said twice that I want to book room-only. Has the whole process changed?

That is fairly new. It happened to me as well when I booked a military room only. I had to call back to get it changed. I don't like the 30 day cancellation and would not use the extras that comes with the package.

Yep. It happened to me when I called for a bounceback in 2019. Seems package is their default now. Even when you say room only. Her excuse was “most people only want to pay the $200”. Just 1 more thing you have to be on top of. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter