Room Requests ?

Syndrome

Who's super now?
Hey all , how do you go about making room requests for DLH ? Tried the chat feature , they said to call . Tried to call and they said not till 10 days out . Just checking to see if this info is accurate ?
We are going in Jan for 8 nights , and are not making any crazy requests or anything . Would just like to have a room with the daybed option , and would like to be in the frontier tower , that's pretty much it !

Will wait till 10 days out if this is accurate info , or should I call again and get a different cast member ?

Hey all , how do you go about making room requests for DLH ? Tried the chat feature , they said to call . Tried to call and they said not till 10 days out . Just checking to see if this info is accurate ?
We are going in Jan for 8 nights , and are not making any crazy requests or anything . Would just like to have a room with the daybed option , and would like to be in the frontier tower , that's pretty much it !

Will wait till 10 days out if this is accurate info , or should I call again and get a different cast member ?
That is incorrect. You can call any time after you make a reservation to put in requests. I always do this when I book or update my booking. Definitely call back!

Edited to add: In your case, I would also request a room facing the resort, not the parking lot. Doesn't matter what your room category is.

I'd call again and talk to a different CM. I call and make requests weeks or months before my actual reservation and they always make note of it. I call again the week before just to confirm my request.

Thanks for the info . That's why I asked here , something didn't sound right . I will call back and see what the next CM has to say . Thanks for the tip on resort view too !
The number that the chat feature gave me was the actual DLH number , and not just a DL reservations number . Wonder if that had something to do with it ?

Thanks for the info . That's why I asked here , something didn't sound right . I will call back and see what the next CM has to say . Thanks for the tip on resort view too !
The number that the chat feature gave me was the actual DLH number , and not just a DL reservations number . Wonder if that had something to do with it ?
That could be. I'd hang onto that number though because it can be tricky getting the hotel directly, and sometime that might be handy!

I paid for the premium DTD view and put in one request, two beds. When we got to our room there was one bed and giant trees blocking the whole view, that I paid extra for! I went down to the front desk and they immediately fixed it for me! So if you don't get your requests you can always try again at the front desk! They were wonderful about helping!

I paid for the premium DTD view and put in one request, two beds. When we got to our room there was one bed and giant trees blocking the whole view, that I paid extra for! I went down to the front desk and they immediately fixed it for me! So if you don't get your requests you can always try again at the front desk! They were wonderful about helping!
Excellent point! I've done the same. I've found them to be very focused on making sure the client is happy, which I appreciate.

For our November trip I called the hotel directly about a week before to request a standard room in the Fantasy Tower with a view of the fireworks. We ended up with a 10th floor room facing the fireworks.

I agree with everyone that you can make a request at anytime, but I was once told by a cm at GCH that they start to “map out” the room assignments around 10 days in advance so that is the best time to call & request. Not sure if this is 100 percent true but it’s worked for us….

I agree with everyone that you can make a request at anytime, but I was once told by a cm at GCH that they start to “map out” the room assignments around 10 days in advance so that is the best time to call & request. Not sure if this is 100 percent true but it’s worked for us….
I generally make my requests at time of booking, then call again to confirm my requests have been noted about a week or so before my trip. Thanks for mentioning this.

Thanks for all the info and tips . Think I will just wait till 10 days out and call the hotel directly again . Prob will be the most direct approach . Not to mention wait time on the phones right now are a little bit long !
If we get there and the room was not what we were hoping for , we will just go down to the front desk, and hopefully they can get us sorted out. End of Jan trip, so the hotel will prob not be at capacity , so hopefully there will be room to move if needed .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter