Room requests??

DisReno

Mouseketeer
Hello,

What is the best way to make room requests if you've already made your reservations?

I prefer Chat too, but sometimes I send an email via the Contact Us link on the member website, especially if my reservation is pretty far in the future and/or I want to be specific about the priority if I happen to have more than one request, or if Chat isn't immediately available and I'm short on time.

I prefer Chat too, but sometimes I send an email via the Contact Us link on the member website, especially if my reservation is pretty far in the future and/or I want to be specific about the priority if I happen to have more than one request, or if Chat isn't immediately available and I'm short on time.
When I’ve done the email through the contact us link, I never get any email back or confirmation that they received the email. Is that normal? I always use chat because of that.

When I’ve done the email through the contact us link, I never get any email back or confirmation that they received the email. Is that normal? I always use chat because of that.
I have always received a responding email, usually within a week, when I have used the contact us link to send a room request email.

I have always received a responding email, usually within a week, when I have used the contact us link to send a room request email.
Me, too. Contact Us option returns a canned "got it" message and later an email confirming they made the change I requested. My message is attached to this confirmation.

I usually get an email confirming my request too, but I think there may have been one time I didn’t. I do prefer Chat since I can definitely save it.

We just got a notification from WDW they received our request for checkin Oct 29. It was handled using Touring Plans. Love their hotel viewer and room request features! It’s worked well over many trips.
Wow, was this for a DVC villa booked using your own points? I might want to join TP for that.

I've used touring plans for just about every on site stay I've done and have always gotten what we requested. I don't know if I'm just lucky, but I've had tremendous success with touring plans room requests.

Wow, was this for a DVC villa booked using your own points? I might want to join TP for that.
Half is our points, half is rental (split stay). But I’ve done it 3 times over the past 2 years renting and it worked then as well.

eta- on rentals we’ve never had the owner request, just used TP and MDE checkin. No complaints. One was exact room, once next door over, and the other was down the hall but still hit all our priorities.

Last edited:
Like others have said, I do it through chat. Actually I just did it yesterday through chat. I had checked in thru MDE, and the only option there was "near elevator", and I know I'll be near an elevator-I have a HA studio and all the HA studios at BCV are near the elevator. What I really wanted was to be on an upper floor, so I just ignored the request offered on DME, and chatted with DVC to add "upper floor" to my reservation.

Half is our points, half is rental (split stay). But I’ve done it 3 times over the past 2 years renting and it worked then as well.

eta- on rentals we’ve never had the owner request, just used TP and MDE checkin. No complaints. One was exact room, once next door over, and the other was down the hall but still hit all our priorities.
Did you get the email acknowledging your requests on both the rental and your own points reservations, or just on your owner reservation request? I didn’t realize that DVC (or Disney in any case) acknowledged receipt of TP requests!

Touring Plans, always good results, unless it's a last minute reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter