• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room requests???

King Dominic

Mouseketeer
When can you request a specific room/area of resort? I always see people talking about their room requests but whenever I've ever tried to do it, the drop down menu doesn't show any options. Is there a certain time frame it has to be done? When you book? A week before?

When can you request a specific room/area of resort? I always see people talking about their room requests but whenever I've ever tried to do it, the drop down menu doesn't show any options. Is there a certain time frame it has to be done? When you book? A week before?

Your best bet is to fax the resort directly with your reservation number, and your request and contact info.

Nothing is ever guaranteed, but the more general your request (no specific rooms, not too many requests all on the same reservation) the more likely they will see if you can be accommodated.

I'm sure it's not your personal intent but it bears mentioning that if the resort doesn't accommodate requests, visitors shouldn't view that as a customer service failure. (not speaking from experience I swear LOL)

Thanks! We're really not picky but it just seems that when I've tried it for our stays, it's never been available to do online. I don't know if I feel like making a phone call(I know, GASP!, the horror)so we'll probably just take what we're given unless DW wants me to:rotfl:

Online check in room requests haven't worked in over a year and my theory is Disney has phased it out due to guests being upset that they didn't get their requests.
Not sure why they don't just remove the option so that people aren't confused.
Call in your requests and remember they are only requests.

Online check in room requests haven't worked in over a year and my theory is Disney has phased it out due to guests being upset that they didn't get their requests.
Not sure why they don't just remove the option so that people aren't confused.
Call in your requests and remember they are only requests.

You're probably right about people not getting what they asked for. Just odd that they still leave the option there. I noticed it was there and didn't do anything last year too

Your best bet is to fax the resort directly with your reservation number, and your request and contact info.

Nothing is ever guaranteed, but the more general your request (no specific rooms, not too many requests all on the same reservation) the more likely they will see if you can be accommodated.

I'm sure it's not your personal intent but it bears mentioning that if the resort doesn't accommodate requests, visitors shouldn't view that as a customer service failure. (not speaking from experience I swear LOL)
Most resort faxed requests are ignored. It was a logical nightmare.
The best way is to call your request in advance. I believe that the room assignor sees those on his/her screen

^^ I agree, faxes can easily get lost/misdirected or just get pitched if the machine is out of paper or happens to jam. Best to call the Disney reservation line to provide your room requests. These are only 'preferences' and there are no guarantees you will get what you requested.

While it may well be an outlaying experience, we have had great success with using the fax system with touring plans, both times received either the exact room number we asked for, or the one next to it. Perhaps we would've been given that one anyway? but it surely didn't hurt the process.

I noticed you said when. I have found that making my requests when I book a room yields the best results. We stay DVC when on-site and try to book at 11 months to get what we want. I ask for high floor as the only request (no specific room number) to avoid competing requests.

While it may well be an outlaying experience, we have had great success with using the fax system with touring plans, both times received either the exact room number we asked for, or the one next to it. Perhaps we would've been given that one anyway? but it surely didn't hurt the process.
I agree, try faxing the room request with Touring Plans. They seem to have a good amount of success. We used them again this year, and will see if we got our request when we get there in a couple of days.

Thanks! We're really not picky but it just seems that when I've tried it for our stays, it's never been available to do online. I don't know if I feel like making a phone call(I know, GASP!, the horror)so we'll probably just take what we're given unless DW wants me to:rotfl:
You have to weigh whether it's more important to you to make requests, or to not make a phone call

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter