Room Requests - Touring Plans

GoingtoDisBig

Mouseketeer
Do the TP room requests actually work as much as any other room request or is it better to just call up the resort? If anyone has any first hand experience with using TP room requests, that would be great!

Many people on these boards use the room request feature. I can say that it works in my experience. At the Contemporary last year the CM had my exact request in her hand. Only one time at Pop it didn't come close.

Glad to hear it! I've seen some people say they no longer work because the resorts won't accept them anymore, which I thought was strange. Saves me a phone call!

I haven't heard this. You can't go in thinking you will get what you requested, though.

I know it's just a request that might not be fulfilled. Maybe others didn't understand that? As long as I know others have been successful, they must be still getting them. Thank you! You're always so helpful :-)

I
Glad to hear it! I've seen some people say they no longer work because the resorts won't accept them anymore, which I thought was strange. Saves me a phone call!
A request is just a request, no matter how you make it. Don’t get your hopes too high as you may be disappointed.
you can’t call the Resort anyway. Even though they answer as the resort it is an offsite Call Center. The person answering may never have even been to WDW.
I believe the best way to request is to call the main reservation line and have your request added to your reservation.
Touring Plans has never worked for me in multiple attempts.

^^ I agree with previous poster. A request is just that, a request. Not a guarantee.

On the touring Plans forum, there is a thread on room requests and the outcome. I was looking at the thread yesterday. :) Most of the reports were that their requests were met or very close to what they wanted.

Good luck. :)

^^ I agree with previous poster. A request is just that, a request. Not a guarantee.

On the touring Plans forum, there is a thread on room requests and the outcome. I was looking at the thread yesterday. :) Most of the reports were that their requests were met or very close to what they wanted.

Good luck. :)

I didn't even realize they had a forum too! Thanks!

I love TPs and will always subscribe to it, but out of all my multiple trips using the room request feature, I have NEVER even got close to what I wanted. I think I've been flagged by Disney. :crazy2:

Do the TP room requests actually work as much as any other room request or is it better to just call up the resort? If anyone has any first hand experience with using TP room requests, that would be great!
I've had excellent results. Several times the exact room I requested, if not exact then just a few doors away.

I've only not gotten what I requested, or near/next to what I requested, one time and that was because someone was in the room and there were no others comparable in that building. My other request was a dormer room and they did make sure I got that. At AKL I was in the room next door to the exact one I requested with a "partial view" of the savannah (it was more than partial, I saw animals all day), other times it's been the exact room. I still plan on using them for all of my upcoming trips.

This feature is probably the only reason I keep my TP subscription now. We've gotten our exact request or VERY close every time. Pro tip: Use the additional notes section to further describe what you really want. For example on our last trip I said, "We'd love to be in Building 1 of the Cars section, facing the character-themed area - first floor would be a bonus." It doesn't hurt to include notes about any celebrations for your party ... And always add, "Have a magical day!" :)

I can’t seem to get Touring Plans to show their recommended rooms for Beach Club Villas. I go to the right page that shows the map of the BCV with the drop down menu of choices, Type of Room, Distance from Transportation, Floor, etc. But no matter what I pick, the page reloades and under the drawing of the BCV, where it says Touring Plans Room Requests it stays blank, with no room numbers listed.

It's the same as calling. I sometimes get the requests, I sometimes do not. They try, but it depends on what is available. I try to make the requests very general. For example, we just returned from CSR. Made the very general request of high floor and non-connecting room. Did not make any other location or building requests. We did get a 3rd floor room at Ranchos, but it was connecting. Thankfully, the family next door were also very quiet.

This feature is probably the only reason I keep my TP subscription now. We've gotten our exact request or VERY close every time. Pro tip: Use the additional notes section to further describe what you really want. For example on our last trip I said, "We'd love to be in Building 1 of the Cars section, facing the character-themed area - first floor would be a bonus." It doesn't hurt to include notes about any celebrations for your party ... And always add, "Have a magical day!" :)

I'll be sure to include extra notes and a range of rooms instead of just the one default. I wasn't sure if this would help or hurt my chances but it sounds like it will help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter