Room requests if booking with Virgin

Linda67

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone
If you book a package holiday with Virgin can you still make specific room requests with Disney just before you arrive or can you only do this if you book direct with Disney?
Thanks all

You can! There are 2 ways to do this. I don't know what resort you are staying at but you can google "disney resort telephone numbers" and find your resort fax no. that way. Bookings from the main system are only passed to your resort around 10 days prior to your arrival date so wait until then and send them a fax. If you have any special medical conditions backing your request it would be a good idea to note them.

The other way is to make sure you get your US reference number from VH (tell them you need it for ADRs even if you dont), You can then use this for online check in which apparently gives you an option for room request. This too can only be done 10 days before you check in. If you want a preferred room/view there is an upgrade cost involved in which case you would need to do this through Virgin directly before you go - and sooner rather than later. Hope this helps.

This is really helpful. Many thanks
I didn't know that you could get the Disney reference number from VH so I will certainly ask for that. Do you just call their main number to get it?

Yes, just the number you usually call if you want to discuss your booking. :goodvibes

Note that for the past couple of years Disney have explicitly stated that room requests sent by fax will be ignored. All room requests should go through WDW Central Reservations, where the CM will add them to your reservation.

You can then use this for online check in which apparently gives you an option for room request.
Online Check-In is very unreliable at the moment. Most resorts do not allow you to enter any specific room requests via the online check-in, they simply allow you to tick a box saying you want a room "near the elevator" etc.

We stayed at CSR last year and faxed a room request about 4 days before arrival and we had our request meet - and they knew about it - so not all resorts ignore faxed request.:goodvibes

When I book with VH, I ask for my room requests then, they are noted on my invoice.

Whether I will get them or not is another matter.

You should keep the request to no more than three things and put your main one first,

For example

Balcony room
Nice view
Close to pool.

I have only put one on ours in the hope I will get it. Which was nice view, as all rooms at the Yatch club have balconies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter