Room request

TheMickey5

Earning My Ears
How early should you send in room requests and how do you suggest sending them? Calling or email? TIA!

Requests MUST go through DVC Member Services. Either call the MS phone number or use the "Contact Us" link on the DVC website.

Some resorts have requests available when performing the online check-in process but it's not nearly as flexible as specific instructions sent though MS.

Just bear in mind that the more specific your request may be, the lower the odds of having them met. Requesting a floor (i.e. upper floor vs. ground floor) or a general area of the resort is pretty standard. Start asking for specific room numbers or building numbers and your odds of success decline.

I guess I'm kind of old-fashioned. Since I still call to make my reservation about half the time, I add my requests then. If I've booked on-line, then I still call as soon as it's convenient just to add the requests.

Thanks everyone.
We will be staying at the VGF in a 2 bedroom dedicated standard view and I really wanted to request a top floor. Should I just say top floor or should I list 5th and 6th floor? I don't want to get too picky bc I feel like they will put me on the bottom floor out of spite. I would love to request specific rooms, there are about 6 of them I wouldn't mind being in on the 5th or 6th floor, but don't want them to throw out my request altogether.
What have been your experiences?

Thanks everyone.
We will be staying at the VGF in a 2 bedroom dedicated standard view and I really wanted to request a top floor. Should I just say top floor or should I list 5th and 6th floor? I don't want to get too picky bc I feel like they will put me on the bottom floor out of spite. I would love to request specific rooms, there are about 6 of them I wouldn't mind being in on the 5th or 6th floor, but don't want them to throw out my request altogether.
What have been your experiences?

Top floor is short, to the point and obviously you want as high as available so listing the 5th floor isn't needed.

Question is, do you care if you are above the front door or do you want to be on the side looking at the GF, or do you care?

:earsboy: Bill

Keep in mind, they are just requests. I requested top floor and got 2nd floor at VGF 2 weeks ago. I liked the room I got - 1214, could see space mountain and fireworks.

I hope not... A lot of people have posted wonderful pictures on here from standard rooms. No biggie though, we love the beach area too, so if we have to go there or on the dock we will. Just really wanted a magical experience for my parents.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter