room request & tree line

misskari

Mouseketeer
Hello! My family has a stay in March with a dedicated 2 BR poolside gardens Villa. From looking at the maps, they are on floors 1-5 in both buildings. Usually, we like high-floor rooms, but I am wondering where the tree line is at? If we ask for floor 5 is the tree line right there ato block the view? Or have the trees grown above floor five so we'll still be able to see the pool? Also, is there a benefit to one building vs the other for this room category? We like quiet :)

Depending on the location of your room, the tree tops can possibly block your view. That seems to be the reason why the next floor up is a different room category. If you want a "view", then I would book at least a garden view room and request a higher floor. I don't think it matters what tower your room is as far as noise level. But if you truly are trying to avoid noise, then I would not book a room that is pool view since those are typically the loudest room category you can get. If you want a higher floor looking in toward the pool, that is an ocean view room.

Depending on the location of your room, the tree tops can possibly block your view. That seems to be the reason why the next floor up is a different room category. If you want a "view", then I would book at least a garden view room and request a higher floor. I don't think it matters what tower your room is as far as noise level. But if you truly are trying to avoid noise, then I would not book a room that is pool view since those are typically the loudest room category you can get. If you want a higher floor looking in toward the pool, that is an ocean view room.
We stayed on 5th looking right at the water slides and we couldn’t hear a thing with the doors closed.

We stayed on 5th looking right at the water slides and we couldn’t hear a thing with the doors closed.
That is good information. I know that in general, the sliding doors do a great job of keeping sound out. The OP specifically said that they like the quiet, and so if they wanted to sit out on their balcony, pool view is not going to be peaceful.

Hello! My family has a stay in March with a dedicated 2 BR poolside gardens Villa. From looking at the maps, they are on floors 1-5 in both buildings. Usually, we like high-floor rooms, but I am wondering where the tree line is at? If we ask for floor 5 is the tree line right there ato block the view? Or have the trees grown above floor five so we'll still be able to see the pool? Also, is there a benefit to one building vs the other for this room category? We like quiet :)
If you want to actually see the pool, you want to be as low as possible. Above the tree line is ocean view, so you want to be below the tree line.

That is good information. I know that in general, the sliding doors do a great job of keeping sound out. The OP specifically said that they like the quiet, and so if they wanted to sit out on their balcony, pool view is not going to be peaceful.
I was actually surprised that it really still seemed pretty chill on the balcony. You could hear background resort sounds, people laughing and things, but nothing like an afternoon pool party at a value resort 😂 But yes, if you want total quiet, further from “stuff” equals better I’m sure.

I was actually surprised that it really still seemed pretty chill on the balcony. You could hear background resort sounds, people laughing and things, but nothing like an afternoon pool party at a value resort 😂 But yes, if you want total quiet, further from “stuff” equals better I’m sure.
Yeah, Aulani has a lot of greenery as a buffer. And really, their "pool view" rooms don't really give you much of a view of the pools from most rooms.

Yeah, Aulani has a lot of greenery as a buffer. And really, their "pool view" rooms don't really give you much of a view of the pools from most rooms.
I imagine that's why they don't call it "Pool View." They call it "Poolside Garden View." It's not a view of the pool, it's a view of the foliage on the side of the building that the pool is on.

The doors are very well insulated on these rooms. the only time your have noise is when sitting on the balcony.

The doors are very well insulated on these rooms. the only time your have noise is when sitting on the balcony.
Strongly disagree. I was on the 14th floor last trip and we could hear the music at the Olelo Room every night. It wasn't unpleasant noise, but it definitely came through.

I imagine that's why they don't call it "Pool View." They call it "Poolside Garden View." It's not a view of the pool, it's a view of the foliage on the side of the building that the pool is on.
True, but I imagine that most people won't notice the distinction. They already get confused thinking an ocean view means ocean front.

You'll find the tree line to be pretty much at the 5th floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter