Room Request Question for VGF

wildernessDad

DIS Veteran
We're spending one night in a one-bedroom lake view at the Villas at the Grand Floridian and I was wondering if there is any room requests that you might recommend, assuming you've had an opportunity to stay there? My only request now is that we have a room near the elevator.

S8ince the elevators are down by 1 end of the building towards the monorail your request means that you will get a lakeview that will be close to a standard view to meet it. I like the higher rooms and we had a 6th floor room when we were there although we had a standard view.

The building looks like an upside down T with the entrance at the bottom. I assume that the lake view rooms would be along the L portion of the upside down T. It looks like if I request a lake view room along the bottom of the T to the right, I might be able to see the Magic Kingdom. Anybody know what I mean?

I've changed my room request to upper floor looking towards the magic kingdom and a non handicap room.

The building looks like an upside down T with the entrance at the bottom. I assume that the lake view rooms would be along the L portion of the upside down T. It looks like if I request a lake view room along the bottom of the T to the right, I might be able to see the Magic Kingdom. Anybody know what I mean?

I've changed my room request to upper floor looking towards the magic kingdom and a non handicap room.

From the maps it looks like seeing the MK is out of the question, the existing GF buildings block the line of sight for all views except for maybe the grand villas but they don't even have an MK view option.

There is a VGF room thread on the DIS that my help you out.

:earsboy: Bill

I took this picture to try and represent what the line of sight is for the last room or two in the the lakeview category that are at the short end of the L. The end rooms were directly behind me as I faced the MK.

p227036675-4.jpg

And zoomed in:

p185947414-4.jpg

From the end of the building to the side of the GV's and looking towards where I was standing to take the previous pictures.

p54893576-4.jpg

I believe that from the very top rooms you can also see the top of the castle - at least that what it appears to be in a picture someone posted on another thread from one of these rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter