Room Request- How did you do it and did you get it?

We are 6 weeks out staying at BWV. DH has no clue I am surprising him with a 1 brdm villa and I have mentioned we "might" have a balcony since he LOVES balconies. So not matter what I know we have that. I have a Stand View book directly through Disney. I'm on the fence in trying to request one of the X123 rooms (wrap around balcony but only 3 available in the whole resort). I know a "Room Request" is just that...you are requesting and hoping for the best. But I wondered how others did it, phone call directly to resort? I don't have TP and I'm not a DVC owner to put requests in that way nor a fax machine. Do they take email request? Also did you end up getting your request when you made it and how far out did you do it. My only "on the fence" part it knowing it's a walk from the lobby/boardwalk (where all the food is) and we plan on walking to EPCOT every night and it's one of the furthest room locations from EPCOT...but man, I really like that wrap around Balcony! LOL Thanks for filling in on what you know!

I am a DVC Member and lucked out with 3123 without specifically asking for it. The next time I did request one of the x123 and ended up down by Jellyrolls, a mile away.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up. DVC reservations have priority for standard and boardwalk views. Standard through Disney are typically “upgraded” to pool/garden.

Is there a way to delete the room request on the online room request? I can't seem to find a way to do it. Thanks.

Is there a way to delete the room request on the online room request? I can't seem to find a way to do it. Thanks.

If you go into your plans in MDE you should see a “Modify Your Check In” button (in the website version on my phone it’s just under the hotel name). Click on it and then it shows a list of all your reservation/check in info they have on file. Click “Show Details” and then you can edit your room request. Also, there’s a second button that gets you to the same place just above the “Change Reservation” button called “Update Check in”.

First, do not use the online check-in for a room request because they are to generic. It's best to add it to your reservation by calling in and we always follow it up with a fax 7-10 days before check-in, you can use Touring Plans for this also. We have had great success with doing this. It would probably be worth the $18 for touring plans.
BTW; we have found that the online check-in overrides any other room requests.

Did you then check in at the counter when you arrived or did you do online checkin once you did the other requests?

I skip the room request part of the online check-in.

Here is an example of one of our requests from POR
We had a RGR room and my request was in this order
1) Room close to foot bridge (you can substitute lobby)
2) Floor (Top or ground)
3) Bldg # or maybe corner room

I can honestly say that I have gotten at least 2 of my requests most of the time and I have had only a few trips out of 30+ trips where I did not get any of my requests and ended up changing my room when we checked in.
Are the corner preferred rooms still 2 beds and the Murphy bed?

We used Touring Plans request and have never gotten what we asked for. This trip we did a split stay Boulder Ridge and Beach Club and both times were given a first floor. Both times we asked for the highest floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter