Room request for POR

Sharig8r

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any suggestions for my room request at POR? DH and I will be taking our 14-month-old ds for the first time. Our reservations are for a king room, and we would like to be close to the bus depot since ds is pretty heavy! We also want a non-smoking building. We prefer the look of the mansions, but it seems as if most people prefer the alligator bayou area. We'd also like a relatively quiet room. We'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Shari

I would suggest Magnolia Bend in the Mansion area, it was so pretty and just over a bridge from everything.

I agree that Magnolia is great. Also, Acadian House is really close to the bus stop and just a short walk. We prefer the mansions for location and convience to the bus stops, however, we love the trundle beds at Alligator Bayou. Either way you will have fun.

Thanks for the advice. Does anyone know where the bus depots are located (are there 3?)? Also, which buildings are non-smoking? Thanks!

We always thought the Bayou was best but in December we stayed in Oak Manor and loved it. What elegance and we liked the room decor more too. Those mansions just were so "plantation like" and walking past those big pillars to go the pool made me feel like I was in Gone With the Wind (well, sort of, but you get the idea). LOL

We've stayed in Lodge 25 in Alligator Bayou and it was very close to the West Depot. We were also in a non-smoking room.

I would suggest Acadian House over Oak Manor. We have stayed in both and Acadian House was closer to a bus stop (depending where in the building) and seemed closer to the main building. I can't comment on any of the others as we have not stayed in them!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter