? room rates from value into peak??

mnmom22

Mouseketeer
I think I read somewhere that if you start your stay during value season (b/4 12/19) and continue into peak season your rates would remain at the lower price. Is this correct?

Yes we checked in on the last day of value season and got the same rate for all 9 nights.

Yes this is true, we are planning a trip in February, originally we were planning to fly out on the 13th. Because this starts peak season and would have had to pay rack rate for the vacation. We changed the trip so we will be flying out on the 12th. With an value rate and an AP discount we are saving over $1400.
One day can really make the difference in the price of your vacation. If it is at all possible try to leave on a value day even if it's the last day. You will save yourself a bundle of money.

Thanks --- I did just that. We are arriving right before the rates change and got an incredible deal, I think. The Boardwalk Inn for 168/night including taxes. Over Christmas. The regular rates said 249/n value season and 349/n peak. We'll be there 9 days over Christmas. I can hardly wait.

Don't forget the reverse is also true. If higher rate is present at check-in that continues throughout stay, even if rates drop (i.e. regular to value). Maybe able to check-out and back-in, but I know that my parents were stuck with the high rates one year and could not do anything about it.

CarrieAP is correct with the opposite. But there is something you can do. We had a ressie for 14 nights with the first night being the peak rate and the 13 nights were regular rate. We made two reservations. One for one night and one for 13 nights. Knowing that we may have to move after one night. But we never had to move and stayed in the same room. There is always the possibility you might have to move, but we saved a couple hundred dollars, so was worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter