Room question

DonaldnDaisy5

DIS Veteran
We will be traveling with 6 - dh, myself, 21, 20, 18, and 14 "kids." Due to travel times - 4 school schedules to work around - most likely booking around holidays.

Thinking about doing a 2 bedroom suite at one of the endless resorts. We will most likely book this with a package including tickets because I like making payments and knowing it's all paid before we go. However, because it will be the busy season we are considering booking one night at a premiere- most like RPH and putting the "kids" on that room for the express passes. Since one is over 21, that should ok right? Will it just be express passes since we will already have tickets? Will that be impacted since tickets will be purchased as part of a package?

That is more than a “room” question …
I suggest you call Universal Studios because you would want to know about future discounts for those dates and changing plans , etc.
It is probably a good idea to start making reservations and your trip plans especially if you are booking flights, etc. for popular dates during the holidays but the details can be tricky!
This year the school district changed the holiday schedule , last minute in Texas and assigned daily testing during the week they thought was a holiday !
Best advcice is to keep checking but make sure you do not book a non-refundable rate …like I did for the Swan !

I almost think you should keep an eye on the rates for the Hard Rock because it is closer and easier to access with walking and boat transport availability.
I think it will be awhile before a discount becomes available but I would want that location over any other if I was planning for one of the Premiere locations with your age group.

I'm not worried about location - just best price for the kids to get express passes. All but one have been before - honestly think the kids may use the express passes for the 2 days and dh and I would most likely use the room for that night to give everyone more space.

I'm not holding out hope for discounts just due to when we will have to go - it's looking like the week between Christmas and New Years.

I guess the question is can I book the room at a premiere and link the express passes to the existing tickets?

I'm not worried about location - just best price for the kids to get express passes. All but one have been before - honestly think the kids may use the express passes for the 2 days and dh and I would most likely use the room for that night to give everyone more space.

I'm not holding out hope for discounts just due to when we will have to go - it's looking like the week between Christmas and New Years.
As another posted noted, the EP is associated with the hotel reservation. Everyone on the hotel reservation will get a personalized key card that is both their room key and EP.

You can absolutely book one night at a premier hotel for the EP in addition to whatever package you already have. Keep in mind that there are extra charges for more than two adults per room.

Since the key cards are personalized and only for those registered to the room, I would not expect that they would give you extras so that you and your DH could access the room while the four kids are off at the parks if they are listed as the occupants. You could list one of the adults on the room and pay the surcharge for another adult to get another key card. Most of the premier rooms will allow up to 5 on the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter