Room only reservation prior to FD package?

smileymomof3

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm writing to ask a few questions about adding a room only "special offer" reservation to the beginning of our free dining vacation package.

Right now we are booked for a vacation package with free dining 12/10-16. I added a room only reservation for 12/9. I read about how I can pick up our MYW tix up to 3 days early at guest relations so I decided to look into arriving on 12/8 and adding a second night to our "room only" reservation. Then, I found there is now a fall room only special offer! So... My question is, can I book 2 nights (12/8 and 12/9) room only reservation using the fall room only special discount prior to our free dining vacation package staring on 12/10? I noticed that the same category room type is not available however for the room only discount. We are staying at POR and I have our current one night room only reservation linked to our free dining vacation package reservation in hopes that we would not have to change rooms when we check out/check in to new package. I have a preferred room booked for both reservations right now, but the new room only discount only lists "standard," "garden view," and "water view" as choices, no preferred room. It would only cost us $100 to add another night using the room only discount plus the cost of adding a day to our 6-day base MYW ticket ($40?) so I can't help but think that we should do it if indeed I am understanding this all correctly. I know we would be paying oop for meals prior to 12/10 but that is okay we will do CS to get the extra days in the parks.

Can anyone tell me 1) can we use the room only discount prior to FD package starting? 2) are chances of remaining in same room at POR diminished if we do this because we must pick between garden, standard, or water view (there js no preferred as we have for our package starting 12/10) and 3) am I understanding all of this correctly? We can get a 7-day MYW base ticket which is attached to our free dining vacation package but pick up the tickets up to 3 days early at a guest relations window and start using them during our room only stay?

Thank you for any help, input, advice etc! It is all welcome and VERY appreciated! Thanks! :-D

1. Yes
2. Definitely. If it don't book the same room type, you will definitely have to move.
3 . Sounds like you understand it to me.

vicki_c said:
1. Yes
2. Definitely. If it don't book the same room type, you will definitely have to move.

Thanks! I wanted to run it by here before I call because I've heard the CM will tell you that you can't get tix early. Thx for replying :)

1. Yes

:thumbsup2

Thanks! I wanted to run it by here before I call because I've heard the CM will tell you that you can't get tix early. Thx for replying :)

You are correct that alot of CMs give out wrong information :sad2:. You can pick up your park tickets up to 3 days prior to the start of your package by going to any park's guest relations and requesting early ticket pick up. We did this on our December 2010 trip and it worked out perfectly :goodvibes. But you might want to ask at check in about getting your tickets there as I have read that if you are doing a split stay at the same resort, the resort is capable of doing that instead of you having to get it done at a park. Have a great trip :wizard:.

I did exactly that. Booked FD for 12/10 thru 12/15 and room only for 12/7 thru 12/10.

When the RO discounts came out, I cancelled the existing RO reservation and rebooked at the discounted rate.

We did the FD with 8 day park tickets and plan on picking them up on 12/8 even though our FD/Tickets/Room packages doesn't start until 12/10.

The only thing that remains to be seen is if we will have to physically check out of our preferred room at CSR and then check back in, or if they will just let us roll over the reservations.

The only thing that remains to be seen is if we will have to physically check out of our preferred room at CSR and then check back in, or if they will just let us roll over the reservations.

Even if you booked the same room category for both the RO reservation and package reservation and are able to keep the same room, you will still have to check out and check back in for the package as they are separate reservations and you will get new KTTW cards. The KTTW card for the RO reservation will be deactivated on check out day, with the new KTTW cards having access to the room as well as your DDP credits.

mickeynut1 said:
Even if you booked the same room category for both the RO reservation and package reservation and are able to keep the same room, you will still have to check out and check back in for the package as they are separate reservations and you will get new KTTW cards. The KTTW card for the RO reservation will be deactivated on check out day, with the new KTTW cards having access to the room as well as your DDP credits.

Great info! Thank you. What about our MYW tix? If we pick them up early, are they separate from the KTTW cards? Thanks so much :-D

mickeynut1 said:

You are correct that alot of CMs give out wrong information :sad2:. You can pick up your park tickets up to 3 days prior to the start of your package by going to any park's guest relations and requesting early ticket pick up. We did this on our December 2010 trip and it worked out perfectly :goodvibes. But you might want to ask at check in about getting your tickets there as I have read that if you are doing a split stay at the same resort, the resort is capable of doing that instead of you having to get it done at a park. Have a great trip :wizard:.

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad to hear from others who have already done this successfully! :)

Laketravis said:
I did exactly that. Booked FD for 12/10 thru 12/15 and room only for 12/7 thru 12/10.

When the RO discounts came out, I cancelled the existing RO reservation and rebooked at the discounted rate.

We did the FD with 8 day park tickets and plan on picking them up on 12/8 even though our FD/Tickets/Room packages doesn't start until 12/10.

Sounds so similar to us! Here's hoping we both get to stay in our rooms! (but either way happy to get the e try days at Disney! )

mickeynut1 said:

One question on your thorough reply. Do u have to request early pick up before going to guest relations or can u just show up?

Wow! Thank you! I have booked my brother into BC FD package starting 11/23 but I did a room only for 11/22. I thought he would have to pay for a 1 day ticket this way. Great information, will save a lot!!! Now I just have to add a day to his tickets, and the ones for my sil.

BTW, the discounts can be very confusing! I am an outside Disney Travel agent for AAA. I have gone crazy (well, I was there before this :lmao:) trying to get the best rates. Rooms open up all the time, you can keep checking back for the one you want. I waited and got a standard view at BC with fall dining discount, it wasn't available a week before and was not available with FD. But the fall travel discount with tickets and dining added ended up to be slightly less then FD. However, I recommend you book something and go back to try to get your preferred room because it does not always come up. And, unless you have time everyday to sit on the computer and try different codes and different combinations to get the room you want it may not happen.

Great info! Thank you. What about our MYW tix? If we pick them up early, are they separate from the KTTW cards? Thanks so much :-D

Yes, however when you check in to your package I believe they can combine your tickets onto the KTTW card. Or guest relations might do this. There is a way you can combine them, if you prefer.

One question on your thorough reply. Do u have to request early pick up before going to guest relations or can u just show up?

You can just show up.

Yes, they are separate from your KTTW cards, however, they did end up on our new KTTW cards after we checked in for our package (although we didn't know it at the time). After checking in for our package, I was told the park tickets could not be added to the new cards (which was ok since we were prepared for this, but I asked just to make sure). Well, we headed to DHS and were denied entry due to our tickets be "upgraded" :confused:. We were directed to guest services where we found out our "early" tickets were deactivated once we checked in for our package and our tickets were on our new KTTW cards. Everything was fine once we figured out which card the park tickets were on ;).

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad to hear from others who have already done this successfully! :)

We had no trouble at all. We went to guest services at AK and were inside the park within 10 minutes of requesting our tickets :thumbsup2.

Sounds so similar to us! Here's hoping we both get to stay in our rooms! (but either way happy to get the e try days at Disney! )

pixiedust:

Just go to guest relations and request early ticket pick up. I was only asked for a photo ID, but others have reported needing their package confirmation number, so you might want to have that with you just in case :).

Wow! Thank you! I have booked my brother into BC FD package starting 11/23 but I did a room only for 11/22. I thought he would have to pay for a 1 day ticket this way. Great information, will save a lot!!! Now I just have to add a day to his tickets, and the ones for my sil.

Just add the day to what he has booked already and he should be set :goodvibes.

This thread helped me so much! Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply!! I really appreciate it! :-D :-D :-D

Just wanted to say you are lucky to have a choice of room categories at POR. We're doing a one-night room only there next month, and the only thing available with the discount is a King room (which costs more than a standard or garden view). Figures. But good for you!

GovieMom said:
Just wanted to say you are lucky to have a choice of room categories at POR. We're doing a one-night room only there next month, and the only thing available with the discount is a King room (which costs more than a standard or garden view). Figures. But good for you!

Ugh, hope you were able to work it okay for your needs.

I just booked it and am so excited! We now have 8 nights, and 7 full days! Yahoo!!!:-D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter