Room Only Reservation Final Payment

When I booked a room only reservation they charged my card at right after midnight on checkin day. I didn’t know they would do this and had to ask them to reverse the charges and use my company credit card (I was there for a conference and that is my work policy) they used the card I had on file since I go regularly. It took 5 days for the charge to fall off my personal credit card. I asked at the front desk if the early charge was because I was with a conference and was told that was standard procedure. I usually book packages so I had no idea. I was staying at Grand Floridian.

In July of 2021, I applied my gift cards at check-in. Is this no longer possible? Do they actual charge your card now in the early hours before checking in?

In July of 2021, I applied my gift cards at check-in. Is this no longer possible? Do they actual charge your card now in the early hours before checking in?
I applied them at check in last month and as far as I know nothing was ever charged. If it was it fell off but I paid for the entire stay with GCs and didn’t ever see a charge on my card. They may have done a temporary one that fell off though.

Yes you can pay when you walk in the lobby to check in for a room-only reservation. You can use gift cards, the card that paid the deposit, or any other card.

As post #6 says, though, be aware if you use early online check-in then you do, in the fine print, authorize Disney to use the credit card you provide in that process to settle any balance due on day of arrival.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter