Room only AAA rate...need your memebrship card at check-in?

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
When I booked my room for OCtober yesterday the (very nice) CM mentioned that I'd need to bring our AAA card with us for inspection at check-in. Not that I have a problem doing this but is it true?

Both times we stayed on site we didn't need to show ours.

Actually come to think of it, I have never shown our card at any hotel we have booked.....hummmm

If you have entire balance paid, do they still want to see the card? Would they take back your AAA rate and make you pay more?

that they are cracking down on checking AAA cards (and AP) for discounts at the resorts. Had some friends of friends that used the AAA rate meaning to join AAA later but never did. When they could not show a card a check in, they could not use the AAA rate and had to use best available (which was about a $20 more a night). They know it was their fault and did not blame them for checking.

when weve gone we have always been asked for our AAA ID as well as DL.

When I made our reservation the CM actually repeated himself a couple of times about "Making sure you have your AAA card at check-in". Not only that but the confirmation letter they mailed me also said "AAA card must be shown at check-in". Needless to say, I will triple check that I have that sucker with me when we go! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter