• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room Checks at WDW Club Level or at Offsite Resorts?

Shanti

Momketeer
Has anyone had a problem in relation to the daily room checks while staying club level at a deluxe WDW resort? I've read through the room checks experience thread & didn't notice anything reported involving club-level rooms. Might be coincidence or because there are fewer club-level rooms, but thought maybe housekeeping/security is more considerate/careful in the club level areas. Experiences?

Also, has anyone had to deal with a similar room check hassle at an offsite resort? I'm specifically thinking about a Bonnet Creek property or the Four Seasons.

We stayed at Universal's Hard Rock hotel club level last month. We had a Do Not Disturb sign- we were on other floors and they had the signs as well. The signs were honored. We didn't leave our room until noon each day- no knocking by housekeeping or others.

I opted out of housekeeping when I stayed for 3 nights at the Dolphin last month. There was a room occupied sign. I got coffee supplies refills and the bottles of water provided at the dolphin from the housekeeper when I saw her. I spent a lot of time in my room in the morning and afternoons because I had both a balcony and a great view. Never had anyone knock on my door. Maybe I was just lucky but I don't think so.

Last edited:
Has anyone had a problem in relation to the daily room checks while staying club level at a deluxe WDW resort? I've read through the room checks experience thread & didn't notice anything reported involving club-level rooms. Might be coincidence or because there are fewer club-level rooms, but thought maybe housekeeping/security is more considerate/careful in the club level areas. Experiences?

Also, has anyone had to deal with a similar room check hassle at an offsite resort? I'm specifically thinking about a Bonnet Creek property or the Four Seasons.

I think the majority of problems with the room checks seem to be happening when the guest opts out of housekeeping. That is not being offered at the deluxe resorts, so maybe tha is why there are less reports of issues in club level rooms. Housekeeping going into service the rooms serves as the room check.

I think the majority of problems with the room checks seem to be happening when the guest opts out of housekeeping. That is not being offered at the deluxe resorts, so maybe tha is why there are less reports of issues in club level rooms. Housekeeping going into service the rooms serves as the room check.
I've read about problems at Beach Club, Grand Floridian, etc., but none of them mentioned being club-level. That's why I'm specifically asking about club-level.

Opting out of housekeeping was only mentioned in a few of the problem cases I read, not most. I'm sure that doesn't help, but it doesn't seem to be a primary issue. Basically, housekeeping/security seems to have difficulty in not seriously disturbing people who come back to their resort rooms during the day. We like to have resort time each trip, and I don't want to be treated the way I've read some of these guests have been treated.

I've read about problems at Beach Club, Grand Floridian, etc., but none of them mentioned being club-level. That's why I'm specifically asking about club-level.

Opting out of housekeeping was only mentioned in a few of the problem cases I read, not most. I'm sure that doesn't help, but it doesn't seem to be a primary issue. Basically, housekeeping/security seems to have difficulty in not seriously disturbing people who come back to their resort rooms during the day. We like to have resort time each trip, and I don't want to be treated the way I've read some of these guests have been treated.

Yes- and we aren't rope droppers anymore. We want to sleep in- we do leave every day and want housekeeping but don't want housekeeping or security relentlessly banging on the door at 8:30am as I have read happened to some.

If you have a CL room you will technically have someone in your room to look around twice - once for daily housekeeping and once for turn down service. I would guess that most people who stay CL don't tell the resort they don't want housekeeping or turn down service so there are more opportunities for their room to be inspected and less need for a random room check to be done at some other time of day. Since they know they can see the room for turn down service there wouldn't be a reason for them to knock early in the morning.

If you have a CL room you will technically have someone in your room to look around twice - once for daily housekeeping and once for turn down service. I would guess that most people who stay CL don't tell the resort they don't want housekeeping or turn down service so there are more opportunities for their room to be inspected and less need for a random room check to be done at some other time of day. Since they know they can see the room for turn down service there wouldn't be a reason for them to knock early in the morning.

I thought I’d read on here that not all of the CLs have turndown?

See most of the reports I've read were people who opted out of housekeeping. I will say I don't read every post about the issue tho, so I might have missed those.

See most of the reports I've read were people who opted out of housekeeping. I will say I don't read every post about the issue tho, so I might have missed those.
Yes. There is a thread listing people's experiences about it and I read the whole thread, trying to get a balanced view. Opring out of housekeeping was only mentioned a few times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter