Rookie public RIP tour question

JulieBeeRN

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We are going to our first public RIP tour tonight & just want to make sure that I am reading this correctly.

I initially thought when booking our tour that it would leave at 830p and that we could go to Cafe La Bamba earlier for the pre-tour reception. Buuuuttt, after reading the information again for tonight; I believe that 830p is actually the time that we can check into Cafe La Bamba, correct? We aren’t interested in doing anything other the haunted houses/scare zones, so just trying to figure out our arrival time at the gate.

Thank you!!

We love the RIP tour and go ever year. The check in does change from year to year, so this is what this years was like.

1-Check in at the front by Guest Relations, there was a big sign this year. Check in early, so you can enjoy your time in the park and there is always a line. They will give your the RIP lanyard and off you go.
2-You can stop at Cafe LaBamba 15min prior to your RIP tour time. We checked in about 20min early and that was find. The food this year was excellent and plenty of it. We ate our dinner here, relaxed, had a drink or two. There is a nice bar outside.
3-Once you are ready for your tour, head outside and check in across the street. They will place you with your guide.

Thank you so much! We’ve done HHN but this is the first RIP tour for us. We were going to book two nights and decided to just to a RIP tour instead. It’s actually kinda nice to not have any planning for HHN. Just show up, eat and have someone take us to the front of every line.

How long did your tour take?

The RIP tour is so worth it! We book one every year, can not go with out it now. They have us all hooked!

The tours can vary, we went pretty quickly this year. We started at 7:30 and ended at midnight.

They do take you through the scare zones quickly, not much time to spend looking around. We like to hang out in the zones on the other nights that we are not doing RIP, before RIP and after.

It was incredible! I don’t think that we can ever go “non-tour“ again. We were done with the houses in about 3 hours, but we also voted to not take a break. And it was nice to stop back at Cafe La Bamba to grab a cold water & pop when we were finished.

Can’t wait to go next year!

It was incredible! I don’t think that we can ever go “non-tour“ again. We were done with the houses in about 3 hours, but we also voted to not take a break. And it was nice to stop back at Cafe La Bamba to grab a cold water & pop when we were finished.

Can’t wait to go next year!

Love it!! They get you hooked on the RIP and you can not go back.

We need the breaks, as DH and I are 51 and 58. Last year we stopped at the Jimmy Falon ride for a break, we did not have it this year.

Glad you had a great tour!

I'd definitely say that we will never go back to a non-tour visit again. I loved hearing the backstory of the houses and scare zones. And going to the head of the line was beyond amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter