Rookie Needs Advice On Airfares-quick!

familymagic7

Earning My Ears
Here's the deal--We just got back from Disney. Decided next time it's time to fly. We are in the middle of Cleveland & Columbus, OH airports. There are 7 of us (2 Adult-5 Children), so obviously, we're looking for the best deal. I have on hold $186.50 RT out of CMH (includes taxes, etc) for Dec 29-Jan 4. Do you think this is the best I'll do? Do I try priceline and risk weird travel times? I know it's usually best to travel on weekdays, but we just became DVC members, and the points worked out better this way and the fares all seemed to be the same. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! ;)

Of course this is my opinion, but I would be happy w/the fare you have if the flight times are just what you want and it is non-stop. I book when what I want is around $200(up to about $220). They have to be exactly what I want (that is: early flight down and later flight home and non-stop on our WDW trips) for me to book it. I prefer to get a good/decent rate rather than take a chance at a better rate later with a chance of having to pay higher rates. Plus, I like sitting back and enjoying planning other aspects of my trip rather than spending all my time checking fares! Also, if the fare does go down you can get flight vouchers for the diference in price to use on your next trip. Good luck to you with your decision!

I'd grab what you have on hold and consider myself very lucky. That time of year is very busy plus you are not staying over a Saturday night, AND the flights are non-stop. If you later notice your same flights go down in price, call and ask the airline for a credit or voucher to use on your next trip.

IMHO, priceline is a big, big risk for you. You are only going for 6 nights and with priceline, you have no control over the flight times. What if you got a late flight on 12/29 with a connection and then an early flight on 1/4 with a connection? You could lose a lot of Disney time. That scenario is very possible with Priceline or Hotwire. It's not worth it, especially with 5 children to keep track of. Again, JMHO. YMMV.

:D Thanks for the advice!! I booked the flights last night--What a sense of relief! I did not know that if the flight $ went down I could call and get credit of some sort. The gal I spoke with last night confirmed that. They are nonstop flights--the only bummer is that the latest flight going out on Saturday is 11:15 am. We decided this might be good, though, b/c everybody goes back to school on Monday. (We pushed it last week and didn't get home until 9:00 Sunday night--I'm still yawning! Thanks again!! -Dardi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter