Roma & La Costa Bella Veterans

Lizardbeth61

<font color=green>Are all these berries edible?</f
Alas it looks like nobody is going on the same tour as us on 10/2. However, one DIS'er went in July and said was fabulous. Anyone else want to chime in? Would love to hear great things to get even more excited, if that's possible, than I already am!

I went way back in May 2007. Absolutely fantastic! Be sure to go swimming off Capri during the visit there. Was my favorite part of the trip and I would have hated to be one of the people who didn't do it and had to sit there and watch those of us who did. I think about Capri just about every day.

Oh, and eat gelato every chance you get!! You'll never find gelato quite like it here in the U.S. (well, actually, there's now a place in my town that's as close as you can get, but no other gelato has even approached the real Italian stuff). And drink "Lemon Soda" (and bring me some)!

You'll have a great time!!

I will think of you when I'm in Capri and will eat a gelato in your honor! We did Viva Italia two years ago and it was a joke that I think I had some every day! This trip it is my MISSION to eat gelato EVERY DAY! I may even have it for breakfast! My favorite was their version of chocolate chip and I had Tiramisu flavor another day that was FABULOUS!!!! You're right. We don't have it here!

Thanks so much for the positive vibe! Can't wait to go!

What did you think of the hotels on this trip???? Oh, and were there wash cloths? The one hotel we stayed in on Viva Italia didn't have them.

Loved both the Rome and Sorrento Hotels, Boscolo Grand Palace and Sorento Hilton. i did a trip report last August, maybe you can find it thru teh search.

I had the same hotels on my trip and they were great. Wash cloths? Hmmm... I remember towels, but I can't say about washcloths. Don't tend to use them. You should probably bring one along, just to be sure.

No washcloths at either hotel. The Ambasciatori was in a great location for walking to places such at Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps, restaurants, shopping, but lacked for anything to do at the hotel itself. A very small bar/lounge area. The Hilton, on the other hand - besides a great location with an easy walk into Sorrento, the hotel itself has an incredible pool, huge sitting area/lounge/bar, outside deck with incredible view of Vesuvius and even a fitness room. You will love this trip - the boat trip around Capri is something we'll never forget. The trip to the farm where you make pizza - one of the best things we did. Enjoy your trip!

Sorry for some reason it's not copying the link in it's entirety

Awat, can you email me the link? I'd love to see what you have to say. Momof2, thanks. We're staying at those same two hotels . . .not the Boscolo . . . so it's good to know about the washcloths. Were both hotels nice and clean? Did they give you water view rooms at the Sorrento Hilton or did you have rock wall views?

Both hotels were very clean. The rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels provided. We did have the beautiful view in Sorrento - didn't request it, just got lucky. There were some travelers in our group who did get the rock wall. We really didn't spend much time in our rooms, so although a nice view is good, don't worry too much about it.

Awat, can you email me the link? I'd love to see what you have to say. Momof2, thanks. We're staying at those same two hotels . . .not the Boscolo . . . so it's good to know about the washcloths. Were both hotels nice and clean? Did they give you water view rooms at the Sorrento Hilton or did you have rock wall views?

Send me a PM with your email and I'll try. Otherwise do a search(advanced) with this forum and my name and that's how I found it.

Re the Sorrento Hilton, quads get the rock wall view. All teh others in our group had water views. We experienced a little of the Disney magic when our guide Dusty, knowing of an official triple romm with a water view that actually slept 4, had us changed to that room with a view at checkin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter