Rolling over credits!?

Razza12003

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been asked before (I'm sure it probably has)

But looking at staying on property and using the dining plan (for the first time)
It states you get (per person per day) ;
1 waiter service meal
1 self-service meal
1 drink with each meal
2 snacks

My question is that for some days I will be heading over to Universal studios, thus will more than likely eat there, so I will miss out on my dining stuff for that day, so can I then the next day say; have 2 waiter service meals or 2 self-service etc... or do I just lose that days dining privileges?

Also it includes a refillable mug, do you pay for the refills though, or are they included too?

Thanks for any info :)

you get all your dining credits loaded onto your MBs at check-in, so how you use them is up to you. free refills all day long until closed and are included.

You just take your mug and refill it whenever you want, coffee, soft drinks, whenever food court or other resort fillable place is open (some resorts have additional sites like poolside or whatever, resort depending). Its unlimited for your whole stay. In fact, if you use a QS credit at your resort, many people use the drink portion of the QS meal to grab a water bottle to take to parks, or to grab a small milk to keep in resort for next mornings breakfast in your room (maybe paired with a snack credit of a pastry for a quick bite before heading to park early.) Then you use your mug for your drink at your QS meal.

Hi Razza!! Your dining credits are loaded into your account at checkin. They are yours to use how ever you like. You may use them all in one day, or stretch them out throughout your length of stay. Whenever you use a credit, the receipt you are given will list the credits you have remaining. Check those for accuracy every time, and report any discrepancies to the front desk of your resort.
I always keep all of my receipts.

You will go to your resort's Quick Service location to pick up your mug initially.From that point forward the mugs are refillable at ANY resort quick service location for the length of your stay with no additional cost.

You will go to your resort's Quick Service location to pick up your mug initially.From that point forward the mugs are refillable at ANY resort quick service location for the length of your stay with no additional cost.

You can pick them up at any resort, too. We got ours at the Boardwalk Bakery last trip when we were staying at CSR.

You can pick them up at any resort, too. We got ours at the Boardwalk Bakery last trip when we were staying at CSR.
Last time we bought them, I didn't like the available colors at our resort, but CR had purple. So we got mine there.

As you said, you can do that on the plan as well.

Most important tip about the dining plan . . . . . . . . Don't leave any credits unused. Use them up.

You have a few choices to use the rolled over credits

1) Dine at two waiter service meals the same day, and two self service meals the same day.
2) Dine at one signature service meal, and two self service meals the same day.
3) Use any left over credits at end of stay for snack items, candy etc.

Choice 1 means 2 table service meals and 2 counter service meals in a single day. Thats a lot of food!
Choice 2 allows you to go to one of Disney's upscale signature restaurants. These are more expensive and thus use 2 waiter service credits. You can also use 2 credits to see one of Disney's dinner shows such as Hoop Dee Doo, Spirit of Aloha or Mickey's Back Yard BBQ. You'll still have 2 counter service meal credits. 3 meals a day is often too much food for us!

Choice 3 is for any left over credits. They can be used to purchase snack items. Waiter service = 6 snacks, Counter service = 3 snacks. If you can't eat all those snacks during your stay you can use them to take home bags of Disney candy. This is not a good use of meal credits but its better than nothing.

Best use might be to use a self service credit for breakfast before heading over to Universal and use the extra waiter service credits later in your stay for signature meals. You may still have some self service credits left over.

You have a few choices to use the rolled over credits

1) Dine at two waiter service meals the same day, and two self service meals the same day.
2) Dine at one signature service meal, and two self service meals the same day.
3) Use any left over credits at end of stay for snack items, candy etc.

Choice 1 means 2 table service meals and 2 counter service meals in a single day. Thats a lot of food!
Choice 2 allows you to go to one of Disney's upscale signature restaurants. These are more expensive and thus use 2 waiter service credits. You can also use 2 credits to see one of Disney's dinner shows such as Hoop Dee Doo, Spirit of Aloha or Mickey's Back Yard BBQ. You'll still have 2 counter service meal credits. 3 meals a day is often too much food for us!

Choice 3 is for any left over credits. They can be used to purchase snack items. Waiter service = 6 snacks, Counter service = 3 snacks. If you can't eat all those snacks during your stay you can use them to take home bags of Disney candy. This is not a good use of meal credits but its better than nothing.

Best use might be to use a self service credit for breakfast before heading over to Universal and use the extra waiter service credits later in your stay for signature meals. You may still have some self service credits left over.
Option one could also be spread out over a couple of days. As in quick service for breakfast, table service for both lunch and dinner on one day. And on the next day, quick service for breakfast and dinner, and table service for lunch. Or some combination similar to that.

Depending on travel/flight times you may can use them on checkin/checkout days to add a bit of flexibility. Say your trip is Oct 1-Oct 5. You will be there 4 nights, and get 4 waiter service meals, 4 self-service meals and 4 snacks, but you can use those on any of your 5 days Oct 1-Oct 5. SO if you arrive early on Oct 1 and depart late on Oct 5, you have more choices when to use them.

As others have said, credits are loaded at check in and you can use however you wish. I recommend closely tracking how you use them as we’ve experienced a CM accidentally double charging our credits for one restaurant. I just went to the front desk and they corrected the issue and were very apologetic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter