Roll-in showers at All Stars

loadsapixiedust

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if they have rooms with 2 double beds and roll-in shower at any of the All Stars resorts? I have been given conflicting information from travel agents. I just know a diser will have the answer!

If you need a room with a roll in shower and you need more then one bed let the special reservation CM know that you need the connecting room and you will receive it free of charge. FYI this is not something Disney does out of the goodness of their heart this is in the ADA law and all hotels have to provide this.

I "think" at All-Stars all of the Accessible rooms have King Beds. So if you need an accessible room with a roll-in shower and have have 3 or 4 guests, then you "should" be given a connecting room with two doubles.

Yes, you need to speak with the folks in special services. This is an ADA regulation to accomodate your family size in the extra room if the accessible bedding can't accomodate you.

However, legally, in order to accomodate you they can transfer you to Pop Century which does definitely have rooms with roll-in showers and two double beds. But I've never heard of them doing that yet.

Carol

We stayed at the music resort and there were four of us and to our suprise they did give us a free room, the one room with a roll in shower had a king size bed, the other was two double beds. We stood at the bathroom with the roll in shower for a good 10 min. talking about just how great it was. Love to have one in my home !

There are two types of handicapped bathrooms at WDW. Most of the resorts have some of each type.

Some have tubs with extensive grab bars, higher toilets with extensive grab bars.

Others are accessible with roll-in showers.

When you speak with Special Services, tell them what type of bathroom you need and they will set it up for you.

Carol

boswellnakia said:
do all handicap rooms at WDW have roll-in showers?
It really varies, at POP they have 168 handicapped rooms with 63 of those with roll in showers. At the BC they only have 6 or 8 handicapped rooms and I'm not sure how many, if any have roll in showers.
If you stay at the more recent resorts your chances are better of getting a roll in shower. :pug:

There is a formula in the ADA detailing how many handicapped accessible rooms are needed and how many rooms have to be "fully accessible" (the ones with the roll in showers. I don't have the link right now, but it works out to be about 4 rooms per 100 rooms need to be handicapped accessible and one fully accessible. The resorts with more total rooms have the same percentage, but have a larger actual number of accessible rooms because they of having more rooms in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter