ROL Dining Package

kittyab

DIS Veteran
Our DD is a picky eater, which restaurant is better Tiffins or Tusker House?

They are both good. It depends on what you like. TH is a character buffet with a ton of variety. Tiffins is a signature restaurant. My DS used to be fairly picky and he found something to eat at both (in fact he ate MY steak at Tiffins, LOL!). Perhaps look at the menus on the WDW and decide from there?

A buffet is usually a good bet for a picky eater, but if there’s something on Tiffin’s menu she’d like, you could then puck based on what you’d like to eat.

I've never eaten at either, but we had to choose Tiffins to get the ROL package. I've checked dozens of times for cancellations, and nothing ever shows up available at Tusker House. I think my picky kids would prefer the buffet, but unless something opens up in two weeks, they will be having the finest dining experience they've ever faced before! LOL

We didn't need the ROL package to get a seat. It might have been on the far side, but we got standby seating just fine, just as the show was starting. I found the view to be fine.

We didn't need the ROL package to get a seat. It might have been on the far side, but we got standby seating just fine, just as the show was starting. I found the view to be fine.

We are worried we wont be able to get a seat without a dining package.

We are worried we wont be able to get a seat without a dining package.

I can see that. It was my hope that people would find comfort in the fact that we missed our fastpass completely and managed to get a standby seat with no advance waiting or any other rigamarole. There was empty space in the last section of standby, too. I'm sure the view was better elsewhere, but you definitely don't need a dining package to get a seat in my experience.

Protip: The entrance to Standby is over by DinoLand USA. Go there, not anywhere else, if you want to do standby.

I took 3 extremely picky eaters to Tusker House, and they loved it. Buffets work well for picky eaters because there are so many options, and I think it helps picky eaters to be able to see the food. They were willing to try dishes I never would have gotten them to try because they could see what the dish looked like and what was in it. Also, there was no fear that if they didn't like it, they'd go hungry.

Plus, Disney always puts plenty recognizable kid friendly fare on the kids buffet table, even at ethnic restaurants. Usually stuff like mini corn dogs and mac and cheese. Then you've also got breads and desserts.

I think the atmosphere would probably be more fun for a young child also with the characters. Especially, if they still lead the little parade around the restaurant. Lots of fun!

Our DD is a picky eater, which restaurant is better Tiffins or Tusker House?
IMO, Tusker House, unless you really want to go to Tiffins and know your dd will eat one of the kid meals. I think they might have a chicken finger kids meal?

Or... you can do a ROL breakfast package at Tusker House. It's cheaper and there are lots of common breakfast items. Then you can grab some Qs meals/items for dinner before the show that you know your dd will eat.

We did a breakfast package and really liked it. On the night we saw ROL, there was no room in standby and people lined up about an hour before. If you want a guaranteed seat without using a FP, the dining package works well. There was also only one show that night.

IMO, Tusker House, unless you really want to go to Tiffins and know your dd will eat one of the kid meals. I think they might have a chicken finger kids meal?

Or... you can do a ROL breakfast package at Tusker House. It's cheaper and there are lots of common breakfast items. Then you can grab some Qs meals/items for dinner before the show that you know your dd will eat.

We did a breakfast package and really liked it. On the night we saw ROL, there was no room in standby and people lined up about an hour before. If you want a guaranteed seat without using a FP, the dining package works well. There was also only one show that night.

I like this idea, have a late breakfast so you really do not need to have a lunch.

The late breakfast with ROL package plan is a good one!

Tusker House really does have something for just about everyone. I'm not really a buffet or character meal person, but I've enjoyed every meal I've had at TH. My challenge now is that there are so many good places to eat at AK park and AK Lodge, I can't fit them all in!

I like this idea, have a late breakfast so you really do not need to have a lunch.

If you pick a later breakfast time, 10:30 -10:45, you have a good chance of hitting the buffet when they start bringing out the lunch items after 11. The day we were there they didn't bring the lunch items out until around 11:30 and we were STUFFED by then, but I checked out some of the items and they looked good! That's on our list for another time.
We also got a free light up lotus flower popcorn bucket which we filled before the show.

...... My challenge now is that there are so many good places to eat at AK park and AK Lodge, I can't fit them all in!
Same! Sanaa is one of my favorites and we didn't have time last trip and I'm not sure we will on our upcoming trip. There are so many new options to try and I'm looking forward to Satu'li.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter