Rogers Music Premium Experience

It looks like they changed it to be at a podium now. Also, your entire party must be present. From the website...

To purchase this incredible experience at a price of $29, visit us at a podium located near Stage 12, between Studio Catering Co. and Hollywood Lounge in Hollywood Land, beginning at the opening of Disney California Adventure Park. Receive a souvenir lanyard at the time of your purchase. Your entire party must be present at the time of purchase.

Fortunately I'm just me, so as long as I'm there, my entire party is. :D

They start selling at 8am or just before. Think I stood in line for 10-15 minutes. You pay, get your lanyard, tell them what show time you'd like that day then move to the wrist band table for your wrist band. Wrist bands are color coated depending on show time.

We went today (Friday) and didn’t get over to the podium by by Studio Catering Co until just after 10. The first two shows were sold out, 4pm and 5:30pm were still available.

We ended up watching the 12:30 show with virtual queue from front row mezzanine (got in line around 30-35 minutes before) and the 4pm show front row with the premium experience. Both were great experiences, but front row was fantastic and I’d totally pay that again (plus the popcorn is good!!).

Last edited:
Does anyone who has been know what the photo opportunity was? TIA still deciding on whether it's worth it. My DS has been dragged to a lot of princess stuff over the years that weren't cheap so it would might be a nice change to use some splurge expenses on him. :goodvibes

Does anyone who has been know what the photo opportunity was? TIA still deciding on whether it's worth it. My DS has been dragged to a lot of princess stuff over the years that weren't cheap so it would might be a nice change to use some splurge expenses on him. :goodvibes

It’s this, there’s a photo pass photographer there to take pictures and help download them to your DL app. It’s nice but not crazy cool or anything. The lounge area is pretty nice, and it feels a bit exclusive and special, plus you get to enter the theater before everyone else. I figure the soda & popcorn would’ve been $10-15 so I really paid $15 for the preferred seating with way less waiting and standing. It was especially nice in the afternoon when we were hot and tired!

Attachments

• IMG_5986.jpeg
    IMG_5986.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 19
I think that's your answer right there. Compared to the princess stuff, this is cheap - if he's had to go along with all the princess stuff, I don't think this is too much to spend on him as a reward for tolerating the frilly. :D
I think that is true he has been dragged to Akershus, BBB, and lots of princesss m & G as well as princess shows etc. the monetary value wasn't the concern as much as the time value. Hopefully we can get through the line quickly enough to still make it to RSR before the line is too long.

How early did you have to be in line to buy the package? Trying to decide if we need to use EE time to wait (there’s only 1 day with scheduled performances on our next trip…)

I'm not the person you're responding to, but we did the premium experience this past Friday and did not rope drop or have EE and we were still able to get it. The first show sold out while I was in line, so if that is a priority, I would get there earlier. But I don't think I was even in line until between 8:30 and 9 and the other 3 shows were all available by the time I got to the counter.

(Also, your entire party does have to be present at time of purchase, so keep that in mind too.)

I'm not the person you're responding to, but we did the premium experience this past Friday and did not rope drop or have EE and we were still able to get it. The first show sold out while I was in line, so if that is a priority, I would get there earlier. But I don't think I was even in line until between 8:30 and 9 and the other 3 shows were all available by the time I got to the counter.

(Also, your entire party does have to be present at time of purchase, so keep that in mind

thank you! We don't have to see the first showing of the day so we probably could squeeze a ride in during EE before lining up!

How early did you have to be in line to buy the package? Trying to decide if we need to use EE time to wait (there’s only 1 day with scheduled performances on our next trip…)
We went on Saturday, 7/29. We "needed" the first showing ... and were early to each stage of lines: parking lot, park gate, queuing area for rope drop, etc. In all, there were only 15'ish people ahead of us for rope drop and another 25'ish ahead of them from EE. Rope dropped at 8a, tickets purchase went fairly quickly and we had ordered breakfast at FF&P by 8:31a (according to my receipt).

So, we didn't have or need EE for the first show ... but we were glad we were moving "with purpose" through that gauntlet.

Edited to add to my earlier post (the super short one, above): I'm not a Marvel fan but had enjoyed the 'Agent Carter' series on D+. I don't know the characters or storylines ... but thoroughly enjoyed the Musical. There was sufficient storyline to "catch the drift" (for those of us who don't otherwise know the background) and the singing / dancing were great fun. I came away happier and more energized than I had started. I count that as a great success!

Last edited:
Edited to add to my earlier post (the super short one, above): I'm not a Marvel fan but had enjoyed the 'Agent Carter' series on D+. I don't know the characters or storylines ... but thoroughly enjoyed the Musical. There was sufficient storyline to "catch the drift" (for those of us who don't otherwise know the background) and the singing / dancing were great fun. I came away happier and more energized than I had started. I count that as a great success!

Agree with this! I know it's not for everyone. But, my mom came with me and she's only seen the Iron Man movies and the first of the Avengers films, but NONE of the Captain America movies or Agent Carter and she really enjoyed it. Lots of energy and pretty economical storytelling for such a short show. So I don't think it was too hard to follow for someone without a lot of Marvel knowledge.

That said, if someone doesn't like musicals at all, well, they won't like this no matter what the subject matter.

(Conversely, I've seen EVERYTHING Marvel and was a theatre kid, so I was predisposed to love it and I did!)

I just want to say that the premium package is no longer required, at least last Wednesday which I assume was a typical day. My girls and I decided at the last minute to watch R:TM and just did standby. There was so much availability that they weren't even seating the top level of the theater. Premium packages were still available for sale for all shows. And there was a technical issue during our show so I logged into the app and booked a VQ for later just in case, easy peasy.

Going this weekend: starting our day Friday at DL (have park hoppers) and am planning on going R:TM for 4:00 pm to escape some of the heat. Thoughts on Premium Experience still being available when we park hop?

Question about purchasing the Premium Experience...

I'm definitely planning to head directly to the purchase point at rope drop (and it's just me, so no issues keeping my party together). Assuming more than one of the showings is available when you get to the front of the line, do you get to pick which one or are they sold in order of performance? Like is the first show the only one available until it sells out or could I pick a later one even if there is availability for the first one?

Just wondering as I'm stalking a LUNCH ADR at Lamplight and would hate for them to conflict if I'm able to get it. (I found a dinner for another day last night which I'll give up if I get lunch for any of my days at DL/DCA - and if I don't get it for my first scheduled day at DCA by rope drop I will quit looking for that day.)

I'm definitely planning to head directly to the purchase point at rope drop (and it's just me, so no issues keeping my party together). Assuming more than one of the showings is available when you get to the front of the line, do you get to pick which one or are they sold in order of performance? Like is the first show the only one available until it sells out or could I pick a later one even if there is availability for the first one?

Just wondering as I'm stalking a LUNCH ADR at Lamplight and would hate for them to conflict if I'm able to get it. (I found a dinner for another day last night which I'll give up if I get lunch for any of my days at DL/DCA - and if I don't get it for my first scheduled day at DCA by rope drop I will quit looking for that day.)

You are allowed to choose from what’s still available, so you should be fine.

Once you get to the front of the line, they basically ask how many in your party, what time you want and what beverage you want when you come back. (I assume the last question is just so they have a rough estimate of how much of each drink to stock.)

We were there opening day and could choose any available show that had not yet sold out. I have seen similar reports since, so unless an operational change has been made, you should be able to choose from any of the shows provided they haven't sold out yet.

You are allowed to choose from what’s still available, so you should be fine.

Once you get to the front of the line, they basically ask how many in your party, what time you want and what beverage you want when you come back. (I assume the last question is just so they have a rough estimate of how much of each drink to stock.)

We were there opening day and could choose any available show that had not yet sold out. I have seen similar reports since, so unless an operational change has been made, you should be able to choose from any of the shows provided they haven't sold out yet.

Thank you! It seemed like you should be able to pick, but I didn't want to assume.

The asking for the drink preference would certainly be one reason to have everyone there (not that someone couldn't have the orders for the whole party) - but yeah, I agree it's so they know how many of each to stock for each return time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter