• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread October to December 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
2042s price crashing!!! ... will be under $50 soon. Wait for a better deal.

( :P ... at least maybe you won't buy! ... cuz let's be real, you (and I) will be looking at prices every day until 2074 )
I took one of those $70 per Point contracts I saw there the one I took had the starting point of 283 points for 2023 and then 150 points on I'm in right of first refusal now

MerlinandtheMouse---$145-$15270-100-PVB-Aug-0/22, 100/23, 100/24, 100/25-Seller pays MF ‘23- sent 11/21

Just curious, what’s a fair percentage to come down from the asked price that’s not offensive/likely to get denied? I feel like I went down a good amount but also maybe could have pushed more?

I’m more or less happy with the price (especially since I purchased a PVB resale not that long ago for 50pts for a lot more/pt) and I wanted an august UY but I guess we’ll always be curious if we could have gotten a better deal. Guess it’ll be good to know for the inevitable next time 😅🤫

Regarding OKW I think a few things will happen:

1. ROFR will have some of a presence between now and 2042, and I think OKW will be a target. Cheap easy way for Disney to acquire 2042 points they can use in the system.

2. OKWE resale contracts seem too high to me compared to the 2042 point sales we are seeing. These will need to come in line with each other.

3. If they offer an extension again, I wonder if they will choose to offer it to all 2042 owners, not just the initial ones that did not sign. They have the legal issues, but also the practical issues of not really wanting to have to sell OKW again, and how do you do that while existing owners have 15 years with the same points chart.

4. Their lawyers will be looking to see how they can possibly consolidate the remaining 2057 owners into existing buildings.

5. What happens to the points charts and/or maintenance fees when so many owners exit the resort at once? And does that cause lawsuits to emerge as well from the surviving owners - things like “Disney failed to maintain a world-class resort for Vacation Club Members” or “Disney took a beautifully maintained affordable property and turned it into an unaffordable, unappealing resort” doesn’t exactly make for good publicity.

The whole thing is a total mess. Part of me wants to buy a 2042 OKW contract just to be a part of the ride! Also will be interesting to see how owners who have both 2057 and 2042 OKW contracts are treated in this! There have to be a few!

Regarding OKW I think a few things will happen:

1. ROFR will have some of a presence between now and 2042, and I think OKW will be a target. Cheap easy way for Disney to acquire 2042 points they can use in the system.

2. OKWE resale contracts seem too high to me compared to the 2042 point sales we are seeing. These will need to come in line with each other.

3. If they offer an extension again, I wonder if they will choose to offer it to all 2042 owners, not just the initial ones that did not sign. They have the legal issues, but also the practical issues of not really wanting to have to sell OKW again, and how do you do that while existing owners have 15 years with the same points chart.

4. Their lawyers will be looking to see how they can possibly consolidate the remaining 2057 owners into existing buildings.

5. What happens to the points charts and/or maintenance fees when so many owners exit the resort at once? And does that cause lawsuits to emerge as well from the surviving owners - things like “Disney failed to maintain a world-class resort for Vacation Club Members” or “Disney took a beautifully maintained affordable property and turned it into an unaffordable, unappealing resort” doesn’t exactly make for good publicity.

The whole thing is a total mess. Part of me wants to buy a 2042 OKW contract just to be a part of the ride! Also will be interesting to see how owners who have both 2057 and 2042 OKW contracts are treated in this! There have to be a few!

I don’t remember the details, but they’re was some lawsuit related to MFs and that those who continue to own until 2057 can’t be charged a huge increase because of things.

And, no I don’t think they will offer any owners who bought with 2042 and the quit claim filed any extension…I also think…and someone mentioned this so not my idea…that they can simple give owners new deeds to a set of buildings and then remove the others from the condo association.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter