ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No big surprise of course. I am still debating whether I should have held out for DLT. Some days I say yes, others I say no. At war with myself. :P

Royal Consort---$285-$35625-125-VGC-Feb-0/21, 250/22, 125/23-Seller pays MF 21- sent 10/11, passed 11/2.

Yes! Any DVC resort can be used at any other DVC resort at the 7 month mark, so at 7 months, Aulani points can be used to book any of the resorts (if they are direct; if resale, only the original 14).

Thanks!

Well, this might be a better route than spending $125 for SSR to stay at Aulani with $130 to have direct points and a bit longer expiration date.

Last edited:
No big surprise of course. I am still debating whether I should have held out for DLT. Some days I say yes, others I say no. At war with myself. :P

Royal Consort---$285-$35625-125-VGC-Feb-0/21, 250/22, 125/23-Seller pays MF 21- sent 10/11, passed 11/2.
Congratulations! While you paid a steep price, I think you made the right call. DLT will be nice but it will never be the Grand. Welcome home neighbor!

I'm tempted to buy direct Aulani points. We are looking to add onto our resale WDW points and my only concern holding me back from buying AUL is the likelihood for very high maintenance dues down the road (for example with an average of 5% increase every year, dues can go as high as $55+ per point by the end of the contract) VERSUS availability at 7 months as the resort gets closer to selling out/once finally sold out.
We have a trip booked for next summer with points rented from an AUL owner and plan to visit nearly every year.... but I'm not sure we want to do this each time?
I've read comments here about not buying in Hawaii due to the unfavorable timeshare laws if you live on the mainland, HARPTA (although we plan to hold until the end), very high dues, etc.
WWYD?

I'm tempted to buy direct Aulani points. We are looking to add onto our resale WDW points and my only concern holding me back from buying AUL is the likelihood for very high maintenance dues down the road (for example with an average of 5% increase every year, dues can go as high as $55+ per point by the end of the contract) VERSUS availability at 7 months as the resort gets closer to selling out/once finally sold out.
We have a trip booked for next summer with points rented from an AUL owner and plan to visit nearly every year.... but I'm not sure we want to do this each time?
I've read comments here about not buying in Hawaii due to the unfavorable timeshare laws if you live on the mainland, HARPTA (although we plan to hold until the end), very high dues, etc.
WWYD?
As a DVC lover and a Hawaii resident, I would advise AGAINST buying AUL direct. I think your suspicions serve you right. Don’t get me wrong. The Aulani is a BEAUTIFUL resort. Arguably one of the best in ALL of DVC. But I think there is a reason why Aulani hasn’t sold out in over 10 years. There’s a reason why it probably won’t sell out for a long time, despite these new incentives. Hawaii economy has been hit HARD from Covid. And our politicians don’t know anything else but to raise taxes here in Hawaii. The Aulani is the only resort where owners haveto pay a Transient Accommodation Tax to pay for our beleaguered rail system. That tax will only go up and get extended past 2032 since nowhere near completion. And there is nothing transparent about time share programs in HI.

As a DVC lover and a Hawaii resident, I would advise AGAINST buying AUL direct. I think your suspicions serve you right. Don’t get me wrong. The Aulani is a BEAUTIFUL resort. Arguably one of the best in ALL of DVC. But I think there is a reason why Aulani hasn’t sold out in over 10 years. There’s a reason why it probably won’t sell out for a long time, despite these new incentives. Hawaii economy has been hit HARD from Covid. And our politicians don’t know anything else but to raise taxes here in Hawaii. The Aulani is the only resort where owners haveto pay a Transient Accommodation Tax to pay for our beleaguered rail system. That tax will only go up and get extended past 2032 since nowhere near completion. And there is nothing transparent about time share programs in HI.

Thank you for your comments, very helpful to hear from someone who lives in Hawaii. With the military discount, we would be able to purchase 300 AUL direct for $129.67pp. Hard to pass up but I think we will (again).

Thank you for your comments, very helpful to hear from someone who lives in Hawaii. With the military discount, we would be able to purchase 300 AUL direct for $129.67pp. Hard to pass up but I think we will (again).
That is an amazing discount! But yeah. Even at that price, I would buy something else. While the initial buy in price is tempting, at 300 points, you will be paying a small fortune in dues through the life of that contract. And Disney knows it. Thank you for your service!

Ok, so my patience is diminishing rapidly. Since this will be our third contract, and there are virtually no points coming anytime soon, I thought I would be nonchalant about ROFR. But here I sit, exactly 30 days past the "sent in" date, and I can't seem to think of anything else! I know it's silly and I know it doesn't even affect my next two trips, but still, I'm ready to get past this ROFR hump! (My BLT offer is listed on the first page by my hubby, Loutoo: $170-$15940-90-BLT-Feb-0/20, 9/21, 21/22, 90/23- sent 9/7 )

Maybe no news is good news???
My guess is they are being S L O W as has been the trend lately. I think you would have heard by now. That sounds like a keeper IMO!

My guess is they are being S L O W as has been the trend lately.
This is very recent though. They were clipping along at a steady pace for most of the month of October, with people hearing at 3 weeks to the day pretty consistently.

I'm sitting here at 32 days and this thread has become my daily therapy session.

200.gif

Our son and DIL are going to Aulani in March on our mixed bag of points. It might be their only chance since their Tokyo trip isn't going to happen and they have AA tix that need to be used and no hotels were ever booked for Japan.

The worst part of waiting for me is that I used to live in Florida, so I have a 407 cell phone number. That means all of my spam calls are ALSO from 407 phone numbers. Two or three times a day, my phone rings from a 407 I don't recognize and I get all excited, just to find out it's "Stacey" from the "Dealer's Warranty Department."

Seems like the 100-150 point contracts for SSR are a hot target for buybacks right now.

Seems like the 100-150 point contracts for SSR are a hot target for buybacks right now.
It's very interesting how they've been concentrating their buybacks at specific resorts. A month ago, they were gobbling up everything they could grab at AKV. Sometimes OKW will get hot for a week or two. Now it's CCV and SSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter