ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting on an OKW that was sent on 19th June. Guessing the holiday weekend might add a small delay. Starting to get nervous

emchen—-$127-$60579-477-AUL-Dec-0/22, 0/23, 477/24, 477/25-SUBSIDIZED can’t close till 02/15/24- sent 06/18

Congrats on that one. I saw it when it was available, but didn't want a 3rd use year - and my wife would have vetoed that anyway... Somehow, it's easier to get away with the spouse rofr when it's 2x200 contracts :)

BarryCF---$120-$15600-120-AKV-Dec-0/21, 0/22, 60/23, 120/24- sent 7/5

This is our first contract. I’m sure we’ll add points in the next few years, but first this one has to pass ROFR 🙈 🤞🏼
Congrats and welcome home neighbor! My fingers are crossed for you, but you really should be fine, ROFR has passed on all AKL this year, including mine from last month. Hopefully you will hear soon, because the wait is torture lol.

Hang on, you're still waiting on a contract to pass ROFR that was submitted on MAY 16th?
This sounds like that time when Fidelity sat on my submission to ROFR for a few weeks before sending for our first VGC purchase but taken to the next level. I'm guessing someone at the broker made a mistake and didn't send to ROFR right away or forgot to send something and that reset the clock by a few weeks....

That's got to hurt a bit come dues time though...
No doubt but…

I figure that if I rent out once every 3-4 yrs I will break even in 10-11 years in terms of capital costs for resale contracts, about 15-16 years for direct sales contracts. Then I can rent half the points to more than subsidize all the points yearly!

SAPs becomes self-funding fly-wheels!

Hang on, you're still waiting on a contract to pass ROFR that was submitted on MAY 16th?
Indeed. Don't know how I ended up at the bottom of a pile somewhere. I can't imagine they are thinking of taking my contract given the others that have passed (and basically passing everything). Wish there was any option other than waiting (or starting over and losing my deposit), but waiting it is.

Indeed. Don't know how I ended up at the bottom of a pile somewhere. I can't imagine they are thinking of taking my contract given the others that have passed (and basically passing everything). Wish there was any option other than waiting (or starting over and losing my deposit), but waiting it is.
Has your broker or title company or anyone reached out to Disney? It seems like a wait of nearly 2 months for ROFR puts the entire contract in jeopardy.

Dellapellas---$112-$18900-150-BWV-Jun-0/22, 300/23, 150/24, 150/25- sent 6/19

First timer here, thank you to everyone who posts on this board. It was incredibly helpful and I "studied" here to prepare for buying a resale contract since February. Began making offers in June!
I’m about to make my first offer today. Want to share your best advice you have picked up while studying since February? I’ve only been studying for a couple of weeks and want to make sure I get it right! Or if anyone else wants to chime in…I’m open!

Congrats and welcome home neighbor! My fingers are crossed for you, but you really should be fine, ROFR has passed on all AKL this year, including mine from last month. Hopefully you will hear soon, because the wait is torture lol.
Thank you!! It's been a whole 24 hours and I'm ready for it to be over...lol

Question, where are people getting the banners in their signatures?

I'd be chasing that down for sure. DVC hasn't ROFR'd ANYTHING in months, even contracts they could make a killing on flipping over to direct points. The average wait over the last 4 or 5 months has been around 15-21 days (with some coming back as quickly as 8 or 9) and I don't remember it taking over 30 days in all the time I've been on the boards. Sure, there have been some outliers, but the vast majority of those were owing to some known SHASFU. @Sandisw could probably offer some additional insight on timing as she has bought and sold a good many contracts. I know I have purchase 3 contracts so far this year (March, May, and 2 weeks ago), and the first 2 cleared ROFR in less than 2 weeks.

I know you said the other day that your broker had just reached out to Disney for the "second time", but even at that point, it was already at 50 days and taking weeks longer than average. 7 weeks and only two inquiries seems pretty low-key to me. What did the broker say was the response from DVC, and what is their theory on the delay?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter