• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s highly recommended that you purchase title insurance, but I don’t think you need it if you’re purchasing in an all cash deal. For some reason, title insurance is much higher in Hawaii for Aulani sales, so my broker recommended skipping it. I actually don’t know how much title insurance costs, but my original escrow fees without title insurance were estimated at $550-650.
When buying resale, it’s my understanding that title insurance is kind of a necessary expense, because it protects the buyer from any issues that might pop up regarding chain of title, such as the deed being contested in a divorce, estate issues, probate issues, etc. It could be a huge mess if the buyer thinks he owns the contract but actually doesn’t, because the seller wasn‘t actually able to sell it legally.

Many people skip title insurance when buying direct because it’s pretty clear that Disney owns the points they’re selling. I don’t think it would be a good idea though to forego it when buying resale.

Why would it matter if it were all cash vs finance as far as closing costs? It is high, I agree!
I think it’s required so the bank or whoever is financing the purchase can protect their asset. If you’re paying cash, you can choose to purchase or not, but I don’t want to have any issues the seller ie - if they have liens, going through a divorce etc and asked for title insurance from the beginning.

So, I have a question- is it possible to search (or sort I guess) this thread? I would like to see the Copper Creek posts. That way I could see what was offered and taken and also what prices actually passed.

So, I have a question- is it possible to search (or sort I guess) this thread? I would like to see the Copper Creek posts. That way I could see what was offered and taken and also what prices actually passed.
Check the front page! The thread manager updates them pretty often and just did a few days ago— all results from July to early Sep are there! Super helpful

Pamkat1820---$69-$7499-100-VB-Jun-0/21, 0/22, 100/23- sent 7/28, passed 8/18

Faster than I thought!
Awesome deal! Just browsing and wondering what sort of plans people have adding 100 points to Vero beach if you have points elsewhere too? Do you take short trips to Vero or use these as SAP?

discreet---$140-$15448-100-AKV-Dec-0/20, 0/21, 100/22, 100/23- sent 7/28, passed 8/18

I mentioned this a while ago, but I didn't have the correct format (requested on the first page of this thread), so it wasn't included in the statistics for this quarter.

I just passed today another ROFR. 100 points PVB contract. I'll post with the right format when I'll know the total cost.

wvujeb---$172-$35920-200-CCV@WL-Feb-0/21, 200/22, 400/23-seller pays closing- sent 8/20, taken 9/12

I was hoping to have points for an April trip, but that's looking slim now.
So much for the theory of more things passing as Disney’s fiscal year is coming to a close.

I’m sorry they took this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter