ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even looking at page 1 of this thread and last quarter's ROFR thread, it's all over the place unless it's an international seller. Last quarter's AKL Taken list is a slaughterhouse.
I can testify to both aspects. Mine was taken on the same day that another person on these boards passed. The contracts were nearly identical and theirs was even a little lower cost than mine…

So yeah.

But as someone else said you can always try again. It costs nothing to play (It only costs when you win 😁)

So, lately, it's been AK and SSR getting hammered by ROFR, right?

Don’t forget CC, they are being taken right and left. What the heck is Disney going to do with all those points? (Although, I suspect that the intention is to just drive up resale after they raised the direct price. )

And right on cue:

KimMcGowan —-$168-$16800-100-CC-Apr-100//22, 100/23, 100/24 - sent 8/3, TAKEN 8/30

We even offered $5/point OVER asking in the vain hope of getting it past the ROFR ogre. This is the second one taken in two months. Sigh…
Very sorry for you. So you were even paying the closing costs and dues for 2022 ? If so Disney is paying in the $180's for this .
Not gloating or rubbing it in , but why would they pass on my CCV 2 weeks ago at $156 ? I thought because I was paying closing costs and reimbursing 2022 dues was why passed. I guess not.

Very sorry for you. So you were even paying the closing costs and dues for 2022 ? If so Disney is paying in the $180's for this .
Not gloating or rubbing it in , but why would they pass on my CCV 2 weeks ago at $156 ? I thought because I was paying closing costs and reimbursing 2022 dues was why passed. I guess not.
Yes, we were paying closing. However, we were splitting dues. I honestly think it may have something to do with the April Use Year. OR the conspiracy part of me thinks that the ROFR lady knows I had originally contacted my guide about adding on right before they raised the price. Possibly they think I will just go direct if the keep ROFR me. Probably not really the case…but who knows.

That feeling of excitement when your broker sends you an email titled "Your Right of First Refusal Request for Contract #....." and then you open it and it says “Hi there we are still waiting to hear back” :rolleyes2 I'm only at day 15 on my SSR and day 17 on my Aulani so not expecting to hear for a long time
That heading really gets your hopes up, it should say “Still waiting for ROFR for contract#” instead

Yes, we were paying closing. However, we were splitting dues. I honestly think it may have something to do with the April Use Year. OR the conspiracy part of me thinks that the ROFR lady knows I had originally contacted my guide about adding on right before they raised the price. Possibly they think I will just go direct if the keep ROFR me. Probably not really the case…but who knows.
I've had my thoughts on things being connected and asked this question multiple times. I would not put it past Disney to do stuff like this. A while ago, it took me three tries to finally pass a VGF resale after we just recently stayed there. In my mind, they knew we stayed there, probably liked it and were pushing us towards direct. We didn't relent.

Sometimes I wonder things like this too. We sent in an AKV contract in… March or April, I think? It was at the top of the ROFR line and either stripped or partially stripped. It took 45 days for them to take the contract. I stayed in Disney for three nights and toured some of the DVC rooms that I had not seen before. They took my contract as soon as I got home. Honestly, it was time for them to take the contract and probably just a coincidence but the conspiracy part of me wondered the same too.

Don’t forget CC, they are being taken right and left. What the heck is Disney going to do with all those points? (Although, I suspect that the intention is to just drive up resale after they raised the direct price. )
And right on cue:

KimMcGowan —-$168-$16800-100-CC-Apr-100//22, 100/23, 100/24 - sent 8/3, TAKEN 8/30

We even offered $5/point OVER asking in the vain hope of getting it past the ROFR ogre. This is the second one taken in two months. Sigh…
Sorry for your loss. I think it means the demand for CCV direct is still high even at $240pp with no incentives. It has the 2nd longest contract length behind Riviera and the last resort to have no resale restrictions.

Sorry for your loss. I think it means the demand for CCV direct is still high even at $240pp with no incentives. It has the 2nd longest contract length behind Riviera and the last resort to have no resale restrictions.
I just met two families staying at CCV who just bought direct at $240pp while on their trip. I asked if RIV was being pushed by the guide and why they didn't consider RIV or GFV. RIV was absolutely being sold as "best value for dollar" with incentives but they passed on RIV because of location. GFV was not their vibe. Went with CCV for full price because they love the theme and location. I asked about RIV restrictions... they didn't care about them but did say their guide disclosed it which I thought was surprising. Good on that guide for being transparent.

Interesting how people view DVC! But to @Sandisw point... restrictions don't always matter to many buyers. Met another family at MNSSHP last night and they bought RIV after a tour. Fell in love with the resort and also had no concerns about resale restrictions.

It's amazing the conversations that find you when wearing a DVC backpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter